pattern generator vst

giorgos

Junior Members
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good pattern generator vst along the lines of the Step Designer in SX. I wish there was a pattern generator prog like the one existing in the Reason ReDrum but for use in Cubase. The step designer is ok, but I was wondering if there was a more professional piece of software so I could for instance create better randomise effects or have a led blinking through the steps as they are played.

Thanks

Darren Lynch

Junior Members
Reaction score
I know this may be more hinderance than help, but yes there is a lovely little 16-step VST plug-in sequencer available for download. I just can't remember it's name.

I recall reading about it on the Sound on Sound site. Its part of a suite of VST apps which include a simple drum sound replacement VSTi. If you go over to the SOS Music Technology and PC Music forums and use the search term "replacement drum sounds" one of the posts contains the relevant link.

Good luck.

Darren Lynch

Junior Members
Reaction score
I remember. The suite of VST apps is called Midi Bag, available from the Tobybear Productions site.

giorgos

Junior Members
Reaction score
>>well... fruityloops is full of step sequensers. 1 per track.

Yeah the midi bag stuff is a bit of a toy really...Fruity Loops is great not quite the thing I am looking for and also it would be nice to have something more integrated into Cubase...Ah well, you can't have it all...Thanks for the input on that!

giorgos

Junior Members
Reaction score
Actually, is there a way to use the FL Studio pattern step sequencer to drive the Cubase VSTs?

giorgos

Junior Members
Reaction score
Oh, thanks J, that's so nice of you, I will have great fun with that! Is the small train animating when you crack up a nice loop, jumping up and down or something? :ismile:

nik

Reaction score
those ndc plugs rule though. im trying out the buffersynth2 tonight! particlke fountain looks like good fun too.