PC projectors

mr_cool Jan 10, 2004

1. mr_cool

mr_cool ~~~~~~~~~

Threads:
    i know fuck all about projectors and i was hoping to get a reasonable one for my computer
    if anyone knows anywhere where i could get one thats not too pricey please please please pm me
    its quite important
    cheers

2. The Phonographist

The Phonographist www.lucidoxford.com

Threads:
    E-bay is your best bet. If your buying 2nd hand
    remember bulb for projectors are extremely expensive, so make sure the one your buying has plenty of life in it or another spare.

3. Goz

Goz Psy-Richard Staff Member

Threads:
    I always worry about such thigns on e-bay. If its an LCD projector you need to watch for "dead pixels" as well. Most people don't advertise how many dead pixels they have on the projector so you could quite easily get screwed over. As such id recommend buying a new one ...

What do you want the projector for? How much do you have to spend?

New projectors

4. mr_cool

mr_cool ~~~~~~~~~

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goz @ Jan 11 2004, 10:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

What do you want the projector for? How much do you have to spend?
    [/quote:7b0fadeb1f]
    a bit of VJing and for watching DVDs

5. BluePsy

BluePsy R.T.F.M.

Threads:
    You could try posting on vjforums. Here is a link to gear exchange forum: http://www.vjforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=15
    If your doing some VJing you dont realy want to go lower than 2000 lumens as ambient light from club lighting can bleech the image on the screen. Mind you when we started we were using a 700 lumen beamer but that Im sooooo glad thats not the case any more. :lol:
    Good luck :thumb:
    Oh yeah... make sure you get a good screen as well. One that won't glow under UV and thats slightly reflective is best. This can make all the difference.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice