Peavey Pro 15 Speakers / PV900 Amp

Big Dave

Junior Members
Hi all

I wanted some advice on whether Peavey equipment was usable for trance music. I was looking at gettign the above system (at a very reduced price) but I am not sure if the speakers will sound good.. this is just for bedroom relatively loud use... I thought Peavey was used more for Guiter type music (less bass etc)

thoughts?

Or shall i just invest in some monitors.. I am looking to spend around 300-400 quid...

David

Fushion Julz

Sound Bod
Peavey is, as pro PA kit goes, rubbish!

But it all depends on the $$s....

Check out The Behringer B1520 (£145 each inc VAT from Boomerang sounds) and the Behringer EP2500 amp (£200 from Boomerang)...for <£500 that makes a reasonable start to a system that can be used on it's own or can be scaled up as part of a larger system. Finally, if you eventually buy a bigger rig, they can be used as monitors..

dooooooooooooont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did u ever hear of it being used for trance in parties? no
for a gooooooooood reason!!
mate of mine got 'presuaded' to get some of this, AWFUL!! it's disgraceful for trance

Rorymonster

Jaberwookie
Would never really go near Peavey for anthing myself. One exception being, perhaps, a little shitty practice amp for someone who's starting to learn the bass or guitar, they're okay for that...