Permaculture, self-sustainability & ecocomunities

tazz

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello guys. have you ever visited any ecocomunities or got involved with permaculture and self-sustainability?

Goz

Psy-Richard
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Aqua culture has always caught my attention .. but never tried doing anything like that ...

tazz

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hmmm my dear friend permaculture is a form of agriculture that tries to copy and simulate the structure of flourishing ecosystems. You create a perfect co-operative environement between different plants, microorganisms and animals and let it provide you food. Plants help each other, and animals, clear bugs and insects that harm the crops. no fertilisers and no pestisides used.
Acuaculture is just having fish in cages and feed them, and is usualy creating high pollution and spread diseases to wild fish. Here in greece they have created many problems to our ecosystem leading to a huge drop in wild fish, and sea mammals population. They have also destroyed many beatifull beaches.
I would suggest you trying sth else :Blush:

Goz

Psy-Richard
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Looking about I'm actually thinking of aquaponics ... similar but working within a far more closed system ....

The advantage of which is that the fish should never come into contact with wild fish stocks ... not sure on the pollution side though, I admit.

tazz

Forum Member
Reaction score
Yes it seems much better. it looks like a cooperation of fish, microbes and plants. Being a closed system it probably doesnt spread pollution and fertilising by fish poop surely gives sth positive for the environement. Fertilising industry creates a lot of pollution. It is also a good idea for saving space.
So..why not? Try it :Grin:

Goz

Psy-Richard
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it seems much better. it looks like a cooperation of fish, microbes and plants. Being a closed system it probably doesnt spread pollution and fertilising by fish poop surely gives sth positive for the environement. Fertilising industry creates a lot of pollution. It is also a good idea for saving space.
So..why not? Try it :Grin:

Mostly I don't try it because I'm lazy 🤣 Has always fascinated me as an idea though :Grin:

tazz

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hahaha it is never late to try:Grin:
If you start from something really small you will start getting experience and it will become much easier. Imagine eating your first vegetables and fish :Yes:
It may also provide an income later.
Also try drawing it in a papper first. It really helps me when I try to create something. It is a beginning :Mail1: