Pie-Forum CD Circle

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
Who reckons this is a good idea

Kinda like a Secret Santa thing. Each month you put together a compilation CD and, each month, you get told who on the forum to send it to.

That person also puts together a CD and sends it to someone else random.

And so on. Everyone burns one CD, everyone receives one CD. A month.

My brother does this on one of his forums and it's a pretty nifty way to pick up on new music (as well as another excuse to smack someone when you meet them at a party).

I'd maybe suggest some rules:

- it's a compilation CD, not a sodding mix
- no more than three psytrance tunes
- no hippies
- no shoes no shirt NO SERVICE BUDDY
- monthly themes welcome

who's down?

Noein

noemata
hmmmm could be proved a good idea , i'm in

but it could be proved but for u Damion, imagine all the cds u get r skazi tunes:Wink3:

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Or GMS. Come to think of it, we could send Damion a CD full of Alien Project vs Raja Ram vs Skazi tunes :runaway:

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Its a funny idea, but have you considered the very high levels of slackness in evidence on the forum?

I for one would really struggle to get it together to actually y'know burn an actual cd. Phew!

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
full_lotus said:
Or GMS. Come to think of it, we could send Damion a CD full of Alien Project vs Raja Ram vs Skazi tunes :runaway:
it'll just end up on the pile of CD's to frisbee in the direction of Eskimo during his live set at the Glade

slackness is as slackness does.... i think something could come of it though

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
damion said:
it'll just end up on the pile of CD's to frisbee in the direction of Eskimo during his live set at the Glade

slackness is as slackness does.... i think something could come of it though

Yep frisbees... don't worry, am getting coat :Grin:

grokit23

God mintsmak
I like the idea, count me in. :cool:

grokit23

God mintsmak
damion said:

Like a 21 CD salute, but with less respect? :wacko:

Ozric

Hoofaloof
He sounds good! As long you are willing to send to Romania that is!
Pick me pick me!!

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
no worries -- reckon this is at least enough to get started. no chicks though? not that they ever know the first thing about music of course. too busy thinking about handbags, isnt it.

Monkey Do

#1 Internet Toughguy
damion said:
no worries -- reckon this is at least enough to get started. no chicks though? not that they ever know the first thing about music of course. too busy thinking about handbags, isnt it.

Deadgirl says she'll do it. I feel very sorry for whoever ends up with her CD though :no:

She currently has "best of the 80's" and Carter USM in her car permanently.

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
alright we're pretty much there. reckon by friday lunchtime we'll know the score. and then kick it off and see if it works.