Pink Floyd show on TV last night

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Did anyone else see this on TV last night? What an amazing programme, it went into depth about how TDSOTM was made pretty much track by track.

Apart from realising just what an amazing sound David Gilmour can coax from a guitar (really the guitar solo on 'time' is amazing. He just stands there barely moving whilst this laser like molten psychedlic phantasm just fucking screams at you... I was spellbound)

but but but, how amazingly fat did that synth sound in 'on the run'! Er is it me or do VST's not really 'do' sounds like that. Is it the synth or the tape or the desk which gets things sounding so like transparent treacle?

The Keta-Miner

Plinky Rosco
If you really want to marvel at the molten liquid beauty of Gilmour's fingering ( snigger)
look no further than Floyd live at Pompeii.
Simply gorgeous.

Unfortunately didn't see this but hopefully my mate taped it for me.

And no one could coax the sounds out of their equipment that the Floyd could.
Partly cos of the Floyd's genius, partly cos very few people had access to such incredible equipment.
Love the Floyd!

PinholeStar

Junior Members
It was a wonderful piece of television.

I know what you mean about Gilmour - the nonchalant way in which he belts out pure perfection on a guitar makes me want to cry.

Regarding the synth for 'On The Run' - I have no idea, but isn't it true that over time the inner electrical workings of those types of instrument degrade, & can give rise to quite unusual sounds as a result?

I loved the way that Dave Gilmour put on his reading specs as he adjusted the knobs on that thing - he looked like a professor about to carry out an experiment.

A

Andrea

The Keta-Miner said:
And no one could coax the sounds out of their equipment that the Floyd could.
Partly cos of the Floyd's genius, partly cos very few people had access to such incredible equipment.
Love the Floyd!

what he said and also partly cause they had top sound engineers behind them to produce such fatness

didn't see the program on tv, cause I don't have one. Was it the same as the dvd where they show the making of TDSOTM? I saw that and it was really nice to see how it worked out then

A

Andrea

and Gilmour is my favourite guitar player ever

Live at Pompey is a must see, I'd say