Pioneer DJM 600 questions

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there with a 600 (or with knowledge of them) who can help me here?

I've used them before, but I've never used the effects...

Quite often, I use keyboards when I'm DJing, but usually have to take a sub mixer & external effects units with me.

If I were to consider a DJM600, would that (on say channel 1) give me:

1) auto tempo-synched delays
2) ping pong delays
3) stereo delays
4) *send* effects and *insert* effects (i.e. can I adjust how much of the original signal gets output as well as the effect?)
5) chained effects (e.g. if I wanted to do delay *and* a bit of reverb)

?

Am also asking because we're using someone's 600 at our next gig, so if that all works - I wouldn't have to carry extra kit with me.

Thanks!

I'm toying with the idea of getting one of these soon too. Can anyone give me any comparisons against the A&H Xone62 also if you've used both...

Which would you recommend out of the two?

Gray

We need Plank!

He mentioned something about the 600 having fewer output configurations than the 500, so I suspect he'd back the A&H.

J.

JPsychodelicacy said:
We need Plank!

He mentioned something about the 600 having fewer output configurations than the 500, so I suspect he'd back the A&H.

J.

Yeh from what research I've done the A&H seems slightly more feature-rich than the Pioneer. Albeit, with about £80 difference in price. However, most clubs I've been to tend to use the Pioneer. It also pair up nicely with the CDJ1000s

I'm torn. :?

Gray

I've got the Pioneer 600 and love it. The fx on it are much better than the 500, main difference being the wet/dry knob. You can do some really cool pseudo-beat juggling with the delay effect.

The send and return option works instead of the DJMs own fx which I've always though is a shame.

Buy an A&H....either a 32, 62 or 92

The Pioneers are "bedroom" mixers whereas the A&Hs are proper pro kit...

Or check out the Formula Sound ones or the new Denon looks good, too (with Penny&Giles faders)

Or check out the Formula Sound ones or the new Denon looks good, too (with Penny&Giles faders)

Fushion Julz said:

Yeah man. The 92 looks well smart. Carries a mammoth price tag though. Probs a bit of overkill for my bedroom.

Indeed...for your bedroom it is too much...Try the Xone 32, though....Barcs has one so ask him how good it is!

Fushion Julz said:

You ever thought of asking for commission from some of your favoured manufacturers Julz?

:lol:

Lol, Grokit...Actually I don't have any of those mixers (we've got a Behringer DX1000 which, despite the reputation, has been 100% reliable and had a hard life over nearly 3 years)....

I was just offering advice based on over 25 years in the music industry...Take it or leave it! No skin off my nose!

If I *do* go for a new mixer, it'll probably be the 600.

That's partly from an angle of being *nice* to the guest DJs at our party.

When I play out, 90% of the time it's a pioneer (500 or 600) and they seem to be the mixers most DJs expect to be confronted with.

What does wind me up sometimes with 4 channel mixers (like the Pioneers) is when I turn up at an event with vinyl *and* CDs, and the desk has been set up with vinyl decks on channels 1 and 4, cd on 2 and 3, rather than using the pre-amp / line switch on say channels 2 and 3.

I invariably end up forgetting to flick the cross fader selection switch to the new channel!

And if I'm going to do it, I *always* inform the organisers that I'm going to use both media and can they set the desk up properly. Doesn't usually register though.

It seems people expect DJs to use one format only, whereas I use both media.

Fortunately, I mainly use CD these days, so it's not so much of a problem.

:Smile3:

Will give the 600 I'm working with next week a good going over before I decide whether or not to go that route.

Back