Please critique this production...

Reconstructed

Reaction score
I'm working on a production of Erik Satie's 3rd Gymnopedie for a project, and I would really appreciate any criticism of this mix. It is fairly rough as I just mixed it down in about 10 minutes, but nevertheless there are definately some issues. I can't quite tell if it is just me losing interest in the piece having listened to it so many times or if the mix is just falling flat. I just relistened and realized I probably need to bring the gain of both the guitar and wurlitzer melodies up.

The piece is originally solo piano:

edit: Final mix: Erik Satie's Gymnopedie #3

Well, I reckon it is sounding pretty good actually :Smile3:

Thw wurlitzer is in need of a boost yes.

The guitar sounds fine in terms of volume, but what I think would really help is if you set up quite a big reverb on both the piano and the guitar, giving them somewhere to exists.

The piece of music (imo) needs lots of space.

Maybe the bass could have a little more bite? (that is really really critical though)

Overall I'm really liking this though!

:sun: :cool: :sun: :cool: :sun:

What a lovely piece of music to listen to at this time of the morning :Grin:

Im no expert but seeing as Im recently getting intimate my first pair of decent monitors Ill see what I can contribute...

Yeah I think Id agree what speakafreaka has too say - the piano seems relatively quite loud.. and I think it would be interesting to hear some spatialisation goin down to o as the piano and guitar sound a little flat [if thats the right word] compared to whats going on with the other bits and bobs [marc goes in for the uber technical speak here].

Anyhoo Im certainly no expert but its a lovely piece of music .. going down a treat with having just arisen with the sun shining into my room :Smile3: :Smile3:

peace,
m

sounds lovely

i agree with speakafreka bout giving it more space and also giving the bass more bite but thats maybe only cos i read his post before i heard the track

OK here is the final mixdown that I will be turning in:

Erik Satie's Gymnopedie #3

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. This is my first "completed" mix so I really want to hear what people think of it. Thanks again for the feedback already given. I tried to fix some of the problems that were pointed out.

Back