Please recommend me some nice psy breaks :D

moni

mo moni mo problems
i am looking for something like the music on VA - Pyrexia (Exogenic Breaks, 2005)

if you're not familiar with this compilation, here are samples at saikosounds.
it's not a "killargh" music, it will not nuke the dance floor, but it is a good addition to any person's fine taste in music. it's a great home listening music, driving music, bar music, dance floor warm-up music, chilling and smoking/drinking with friends music.
this is also the type of compilation that grows up on you. the more you play it, the more you like it.

i recommended this compilation in this forum/thread .. now i'd like to find out similar sound.

thanks in advance :Smile3:

digifrog

Photography mad.
moni said:
i am looking for something like the music on VA - Pyrexia (Exogenic Breaks, 2005)

if you're not familiar with this compilation, here are samples at saikosounds.
it's not a "killargh" music, it will not nuke the dance floor, but it is a good addition to any person's fine taste in music. it's a great home listening music, driving music, bar music, dance floor warm-up music, chilling and smoking/drinking with friends music.
this is also the type of compilation that grows up on you. the more you play it, the more you like it.

i recommended this compilation in this forum/thread .. now i'd like to find out similar sound.

thanks in advance :Smile3:

Download FWDs tracks in full @ 192 kbps @ www.fourierwavedevice.com (right click, 'save target as')

Also check out the up coming album samples from Mood Deluxe (Cameron Nagual) @ www.triskelemanagement.com/mood.html

Acts to keep an eye out for Deviant Electronics, Zart, Kiwa, Digital Witchcraft to help you on your way. :Smile3:

moni

mo moni mo problems
thanks

you're not the first who mentions Deviant Electronics.
i already have Kiwa, and i'll check the other ones :Smile3:

Ozric

Hoofaloof
I still try to find that Deviant Electronics album but it's impossible

Darn be the day when I found it in a record store all these years ago and had no money in my pockets grrr

josh

marathon solo-sessionahoy
I have to say listening to the pyrexia comp - its good stuff but non of it is particuarly 'psy' breaks - theyre all tunes you could find on most normal breaks compilations. Maybe you should investigate the breaks genre more - you'll find plenty more like this out there.

As a suggestion, try the last track on Space Monkey - Psychotic Episode, he's put in a rather stomping breaks tune there. :Smile3:

moni

mo moni mo problems
josh said:
I have to say listening to the pyrexia comp - its good stuff but non of it is particuarly 'psy' breaks - theyre all tunes you could find on most normal breaks compilations. Maybe you should investigate the breaks genre more - you'll find plenty more like this out there.

As a suggestion, try the last track on Space Monkey - Psychotic Episode, he's put in a rather stomping breaks tune there. :Smile3:

allright
i added "psy" so that people would not think that i'm asking for breakbeat, the one that gets spinned in semi-commercial clubs. i hate that one.

thanks to all :Grin:

digifrog

Photography mad.
Mustn't forget to mention, (after being given the info myself from Mr. Merv Pepler), that his side project 'Dendron' is to release an album sometime near spring 2006.
..So electrobreaks in a Eat Static stylee might be one to look out for. :Smile3:

james anthony

Junior Members
hey there ..::

good to see an interest in tha psy breaks .... for sure check out Mood Deluxe - to be released on liquid records next april - it is super phatt deep n truly psychedelic ..... but also check anything on marine parade records (adam Friedlands label) also tipper (fuel records) , evil nine, ils, also a good live psy breaks act called Rex (sinister records) playing in Liquid room at New years eve party at synergy centre - well thats about it .... L8r_z

james

www.liquid-records.com

digifrog

Photography mad.
In breaks mode these guys aren't strictly psy, although their ambient stuff is related. ---> www.auralplanet.com <--- breaks hard this Polish trio

James. Evil Nine is nice in instrumental mode.

mr_faster

ecomingonecomingonstrong
yes, its like apex, but not as harsh (as some of it) and squarepusher, v.nice, i enjoy muzak like this! downloading the aural planet tunes aswell :Smile3:

digifrog

Photography mad.
MM Lightflow album that you can download on their website is quite ambient for them. the alb Their album Reworked is a nice CD tho... a mixture of both AP ambient and hasrh as you like breaks.

i ve still got Deviant electronics and the Corrosive Breaks comps...classics, although Corrosive Breaks 2 didnt do it for me.

Mood Deluxe on Liquid Records 2006.hi energy pulsating Psybreaks for the trancefloor innit