1. OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT OPTOBOT

Threads:
    Poi for me came though devil sticks and diabolo,

but i know do all of the above and staff, but??????????

I have always gelt that poi is for girls and staff is for boys!

Does anyone agree with this?

im trying to get a reaction so please don't slate me,

the scars on my arms from doing wraps with fire tell me that im not a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

but i have just realised that this post is sexist,

please im bored with the normal posts,

much love pirate pete, oh and apparently im a bigot,

thats quite drunk TTTTEEEEEEEEJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEE

2. opia

opia locus solus

Threads:
    i'm a bloke but i do poi though i'm quite girly not sure where that puts me :unsure: :blink: :? :crazy:

:rolleyes:

3. Stix

Stix Guest

Rubbish..

I know boys that are amazing at poi and one girlie in particular that is very good at double staves..

if you really want a reaction for your post.. if you are burning yourself with fire poi - give up mate.. it can be done without burning your self.. easy :P

wouldn't say you were a bigot for this post tho.. just a drunk who is being a bit of a twat at the moment..

you'll recover..

4. Moodle

Moodle Mindzai

Threads:
    PIRATE PETE YOU BASTARD! :mad: (and your a bigotted serial upsetter of hippies :o )
    :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin:

I am a girl and seeing as you have taught me poi soooo well i am now getting some fire poi for Chritsmas! Yeah!!!!! I still havent tried fire staff yet but am looking forward to it and I am metro-sexual (ref:Simpsons) so i can do either! :P

:Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin: :Grin:

BTW :cool: You reckon you are good at poi cos YOU ARE A BIG GIRL and the scars on your wrists are obviously cos your rubbish and YOUKNOWSIT!!!!! :wub:

5. DizzyWater

DizzyWater Bodhilicious

Threads:
    Ok, I own a diablo (hopeless at it) and just got poi for crimbo (hopeless at it) and I'm a girl.

Now I own my own poi I guess I feel i need and want to get good, though I feel slightly like I am jumping on a band wagon (look at me, I have poi, arent I cool...).

I have had a go at poi, firestaff, fire poi and diablo, and like I say, I am crap at them all :Grin:

Not sure where I am going with this.......

Errr.... I know boys and girls that are good at all of the above and some are crap at all of the above... I don't think it is to do with sex.

God, I am prattling today :blink:

Anyone one to give me lessons, pleeeaasse :hihug:

6. jooncoi

jooncoi rock...paper...SHOTGUN

Threads:
    girls can occasionally look so much better than boys when they poi, they jus seems to flow into the movments better

but i wouldnt say its for either, if you like doin it fuck it, do it.
    poi is for everyone, an everyone should try it :Grin:

(what happened to the little poi smiley???)

7. Golaf

Golaf Banned

Threads:
    occasionally feel oneself making poi like movements, also sometimes a strong feminity about ones personage . (may look very gay)

8. jooncoi

Threads:
    to me it seems girls dance more when they more
    i mean, us guys do dance while doin poi, but girls seem to do it more

(and they look prettier than boys when they [shaggy voice] wind their body [/shaggy voice] )

9. Kezpipa

Kezpipa rocks, oars

Threads:
    I always seem to see more girls poi-ing up than boys!

I picked up poi for the first time about a week ago and luved it! ... I dun like the staff ne more. Well... not for the moment. Teehee. OK well next time I have a friendly teacher I'll get into it more. Dead set.

...What was the question?

[​IMG]

10. FYLDJSleep

FYLDJSleep Junior Members

Threads:
    I'm a boy and I do both Staff and Poi, but poi a lot more.

Heres a thought: I read a history of poi somewhere that said Maori women used poi back in the day sometimes for sensual dances as poi were seen as representing the ovaries :Wink3: . Obviously we can see the connotions associated with a load of blokes playing with their staves :huh:
    On that note however a male with a mastery of poi could subconsciously give the impression of a mastery of the female genitalia..... Vice versa for Women who can master staff.........

Discuss :Grin:

11. intergalacticfairy

intergalacticfairy Junior Members

Threads:
    HAHA

I've never attmepted to master either.

Alot of girls I know do staff, and there's a guy who does poi on the balancing ball at juggling club, which looks very impressive, but I'd say that poi just look more girly..

12. Deadlock

Deadlock Junior Members

Threads:
    Poi Hmmm the thing is Girls swing .. and Boys wield...

Girls: Use poi as an Extention of the art from none as "Dance"
    Boys: Use poi as ............ Well Maces ......

13. gingerwarrior

gingerwarrior Member

Threads:
    thats quite a good way of saying it. boys should be always be more agressive with poi, girls can be all flowery and such

14. coleman

coleman Junior Members

Threads:
    i spin poi.
    i am a boy.
    but i also juggle, play music, snowboard, cook, and love.

there are girls who box, or weld, or drive lorries.
    and there are boys who arrange flowers, or cut hair, or stay at home and take care of their kids.

none of these occupations is specifically male or female - we just have preconceptions based on which sex has traditionally fulfilled those roles in the past.

so, if you've seen more girls spin poi than you have boys, you are likely to have developed a preconception about it being a 'female' pursuit.

but as long as you don't let it stop you playing it doesn't really matter anyway :P

cole. x

15. Kezpipa

Kezpipa rocks, oars

Threads:
    Preconceptions are funnnn :Grin: :Grin: :Grin:

ps Pff yeah Coleman you would say that cos you're a boy.

lmao

16. big titted bitch

big titted bitch child eater

Threads:
    guys learning poi tend to spin at like 90mph, doing all sort of shit, thinking they are the dogs bollox (well macho guy who like to look alternative and cool anyway). were as infact they look like muppets.

i spin poi and am a boy but i prefer socks and small ones at that, to get really small and more techy. i cant handle flappy bits trailing off which look really pritty when girls spin them.

staffs do look way more mascaline, and carrying a staff around is satisfing in the same way poking a fire is. well thats my thought anyway.

17. jooncoi

Threads:
    or they eatch you poi with fire an say 'pfft thas well easy, i could do that', until you walk over to them with freshly burning poi!!!!!!!!

done that at a fuction my mate asked me to poi at, the guy who said it was about 20 and ran like a kid when i offered him my poi (then looked more stoopid when his g/f let my stand behind her an poi over her :Grin: )

honest guv, its a trick...now shut up and let me stand behind your girlfriend.....and yes, i do need to stand this close to her :Wink3:

18. Dezi

Dezi S.W.A.R.M

Threads:
    Actually had a go on some nunchuks, span them like poi and it was well funny and I felt like bruce lee, but slightly better.

19. Phyrefly

Phyrefly Junior Members

Threads:
    I like that... yes, guys with poi do tend to go for speed, girls go for flow... I love the poi, but am better with my staff, guess I'm just not used to the flexible bits.... I need to be in total control of where the fire goes :P

20. big titted bitch

big titted bitch child eater

Threads:
    yea totally, but when practacing and you fuck up a bit, going 'freestyle' and just swinging all over the shop can be pritty fun!!

:Grin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice