Political Lobbying Group

jackus

headancer of mothership
Reaction score
After yet another raid of a party on Saturday night (see Fushion thread), surely it is time for willing participants to get together to form a lobbying group to ensure our rights to outdoor parties and to ensure that we have as much freedom of movement as other groups (as said in earlier threads why do the fox hunters, C(o)untryside Alliance, etc, have more rights than we do? Or am I endeavouring to instil the need for belief in a cause where general aparthy only exists, where the long term is avoided for the sake of a bit of instant gratification with all the ensuing risks of arrest. I am alone in wanting this to be changed? Since the Criminal Justice Bill, surely the continuance of a fight against our rights has continued? If so could you direct me to them so I can join in, or if not I am willing to set it up myself.

Trying to dance on
Jackie :cool: :no: :o :Sad: :sad: :? :lol:

:dito: Surely theres enough of us to do something. This is becoming a problem more and more, although I do recall some friendly policemen at some time... perhaps

[b said:
Dezi[/b], ]
Surely theres enough of us to do something.
If the countryside alliance can infiltrate the commons to get some of them in, surely someone in the music comunity knows someone in the commons canteen ... a few grams of crystal in the tea would make for great viewing and a very receptive audience ...

:ph34r: You haven't seen me, right? :runsmile:

:offtopic: (sorry, but cracking idea)

the problem is the posh toffs are posh toffs so everything they do is fine, because they are posh toffs. If we try to campaign for the right to party then we are seen as mad junkie crazed loons and the tabloids go mental about drugs and drama and no good comes of it at all.

There are a lot of things needed in this fight, but first off I don't think a bit of positive media would go amiss. Caring, cutesy, fluoro, hippie hedonists who tidy up after themselves etc etc etc. What would be uber destructive is a militant few doing things like leaving dead horses with a stake through their heart in Brighton City Centre. See how quickly that was glossed over just because it was the posh toffs who did it? I feel it is a slow, society wide change in tolerance that needs to happen. There is no quick fix and, as always, the best way to incite change is quietly and insidiously. Use your resources. I am a trainee journo, I might be able to get some little pieces of positive press out there.

What can you do?

:Smile3:

We live in a country that protects the majorities interests (generally) over the few. We happen to be the few. We also live in a country that is keen on passing new laws but very loathe to amend or revoke existing ones.

Not to be too negative but you work it out.....

I think you'll also find that were we NOT making a shedload of noise all thru the night we would also have very little problems from the authorities..... Parties upset people, FACT, whether it be because of noise, traffic, crowds or the fact that they have been bitten by irresponsible parties in the past and don't want to even risk suffering it again. You can't blame them for their nervousness.

Indeed you cant, but you can blame them for ignoring and sidelining a culture that they know could potentially contribute so much to the world. Enough people know what the point of our gatherings are, and I think that thelack of trouble, mess, burnt things etc is what scares them. "How can these people party without hurting eachother? Must be mad..."

norty303 said:
We live in a country that protects the majorities interests (generally) over the few. We happen to be the few.

Are the majority of people against togetherness and hugs and fluffy things and dancing to whatever music they may personally enjoy? I bet even Michael Howard likes a bit of a boogie. :bananada:

but you can blame them for ignoring and sidelining a culture that they know could potentially contribute so much to the world

What, like noise pollution, breaking and entering, trespass, damage to other peoples property, etc.... I'm talking about the general free party scene here btw, and to your average person, we all come under that banner.

The mindset and goals/aims of individuals attending/putting on psy-parties is largely immaterial to the locals who've been kept awake or disrupted by the presence of a party.

The prolific nature of parties now means that a large majority of the populace HAVE been adversely affected by them. With that in mind, I think it would be immensely difficult to change the situation to the idealic point that we would actually be allowed and welcomed to any location.

Are the majority of people against togetherness and hugs and fluffy things and dancing to whatever music they may personally enjoy

Not at all (although the hugs and fluffiness may be going abit far for some :Grin: ) but it's the impact that has on others, that aren't into the same thing and have it forced on them, that is the problem

Point accepted, but that gets us nowhere. Have we no rights to dance in woods/fields/cowshit?

Gettin welcomed with open arms to every location is a bit optimistic, but there must be some really posh people with loads of land that like dancing and mind expansion. Like that crazy old man that owns port lymmne zoo. Hes a millionairre andhe wears tribal pattern trousers and that.

Not at the moment it seems. And as I said in my original post, this country is loathe to revoke or change existing laws, so it seems we are to carry on as we have been, setting a good example to all about how we go on, in the hope that some of the good attitude and practise rubs off and people realise it's not as bad as it seems

Gettin welcomed with open arms to every location is a bit optimistic, but there must be some really posh people with loads of land that like dancing and mind expansion. Like that crazy old man that owns port lymmne zoo. Hes a millionairre andhe wears tribal pattern trousers and that.

Yeah, that sort of thing happens now sometimes but it's a far cry from the original point of the post, which was about freedom to use the countryside just like any other group, which, to me was very rose tinted, and not very realistic (imo)

Cant recall any ravers at parties Ive been to shooting loads of animals and surely a few weeks ago a lad got shot by a hunter who mistook him for a fox. Apparently its not just us who use hallucinogenics...

Dezi said:
Cant recall any ravers at parties Ive been to shooting loads of animals and surely a few weeks ago a lad got shot by a hunter who mistook him for a fox. Apparently its not just us who use hallucinogenics...

No it isn't, but because we look different, try to live an alternative life style, and generally dislike conforming, we're seen as a threat. Politicians take advantage of that, and preach to middle England thus :-

Druggies are dangerous, and commit most crime.
Druggies are most dangerous when they're feeding, or wanting to feed their habits.
Druggies are anti-social.
Druggies threaten your way of life.
Druggies look like that (points fingers at peeps with dreads, long hair, ripped jeans, etc etc.)

A load of bollocks of course, but what better way to divert attention from the failure to reduce crime. "It's not our fault, it's theirs". What better way to maintain control?

I could go on and on about this. Step out of line even a little bit: do anything the authorities think disturbs the status quo, and they go into panic mode. Rather than making tolerance a priority, thereby enriching everyone's lives, they prefer oppression.

This country is not a democracy. It's a sham of a democracy, where the rulers regularly lie to the people, and spin their way to laws that serve the interests of the rich, whether individuals or corporations. Even the health and safety laws fall in to that category. An injured worker is an unproductive worker. THAT'S why the laws are in place.

I'm starting to rant ;-). The protestors from the Countryside Alliance found out how oppressed peeps in this country are the hard way. I can still hear (with amusement) the plaintive and incredulous cry of a woman protestor who'd received a smack from a cop. "He hit me!!!"

Welcome to our world...

Hugs,

Barclay

norty303 said:
, so it seems we are to carry on as we have been, setting a good example to all about how we go on, in the hope that some of the good attitude and practise rubs off and people realise it's not as bad as it seems
:dito:

Good post.

Appologies in advance, for what has turned into a bit of a rant...

The more you bang on about " It's our right to go out and Cain drugs and listen to loud music and dance " the more people are going to be jealous at the "freedoms" that WE allow ourselves. You say that other groups have more freedoms. Do they ? OK the fox hunters Cain off on their horses and do what they want, but we are talking about rich landowners here, I don't expect to have to explain the difference in political influence ( nor am I in any way conceding that this should be the case, but in this life we have to take *some* things as read ) . For all the good that influence is doing them now !
What other groups of people, who's actions exhibit the most outwardly display of self expression and freedom, but has the *potential* to cause so much damage / upset of local communities, but are still sanctioned to do so by local authority / local people ?
I'd like to join them, whoever they are .

If your talking about free parties ( and I'm beginning to think from your posts that you are not ) then what we know as a free party can never be truly sanctioned by " The man " . For that to happen, we would have to make unacceptable concessions to them in order to even vaguely comply with what is expected of everyone else. Which is only fair on everyone else..... ( within the confines that we find ourselves ).

Maybe I'm getting too cynical. The French managed to get an "arrangement", but it was at a cost. They can have ( I think ) six parties a year, in exchange for ONLY having raves where and when the authorities tell them, they don't get tear-gassed every weekend.

IMHO, for our country, our party scene things maybe need to go back underground a bit.

Parties have MUCH bigger exposure these days. It is SOOOO much easier to arrive on the "scene " and quickly find parties compared to way back. ( Before the forums took off - although I don't hold the opinion that the forums have / are killing the scene - least, not on their own !).
Anyone can do it now !, and so many more people are finding parties, many more people are throwing parties, and so many more parties are being shutdown.

I wasn't in on the Manchester thing this time round, but from what I gather the problem was because the party venue was common knowledge even the night before the party. Which is fcuking ridiculous. This happens far too often, and a LOT more often than someone having privileged party info, and deliberately tipping off the OB.
This is what can happen when even the most "Trance" of you, the most well meaning party person has more information than they need. Charging someone a fiver for that info would not have saved you from the chavs, or the pigs ! - Ensuring that only the person to know the site is the person driving the rig van, probably would have.
NO ONE needs to know where the party is, until the crew are ready to receive party people. End of.
When you arrive to a site with a rig only to find it full of party peeps ( or not even full - just already ocupied ) waiting for a party, and your heart sinks coz you know the site has already been compromised and it's a matter of time....

You want less parties to get shutdown ?
You need :
Better security, No-one get's to the site before the rig is ready !!!
Better sites : If they don't see ya going in, and they can't hear you when your running, what have you to worry about ?
Less advertising : Word of mouth parties ensure that you attract the right kind of attitude. Yes, some times some people might get left out of the loop for a bit, but part of the speciality of free partying used to be knowing that the only people your gonna find there, the only people mad enough to go through all that bollox would be your safe, dedicated, ardant raver type. Not just some bored fuckheads, vaugly looking for a cheep night out / good laugh / get wankered / pinch motors....

We can find the answer ourselves, we don't need political "endorsement " for what we do, because what we do is beyond that, look to yourself and each other for the answers, not the fuckling government !!

Take only smiles, leave only tracks.
Look after yourselfs........ and each other...
:Wink3:

Dezi said:
Hes a millionairre andhe wears tribal pattern trousers and that.

He is also dead - cancer of the jaw - last year - buggers that plan up

I take urks' point of view - keep it quiet - keep it small - choose your location carefully (the oh thats a good place everyone does it there is foolish to say the least) and where's the problem
only change i would make is
come with smiles
leave only goodwill

Back