Posford purr: How does he do it?

Rextable

You're a smmrrg hrrrd
Reaction score
hello peeps :Grin:

You know that sound i'm talking aboot right????

UVFI and friends coined the phrase 'Posford purr' (i think)

A good example is the last track on 13 Crystla Skullz Tipworld compolation. don't know the name of the track.... sorry :Smile3:. It's the dirty wet sounding lead that comes in at 5:16
purring filters, short slap back type delay and luuuvely distortion etc

....anyway......

How do ya make that noise? any ideas?

Rextable :iwink:

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Reaction score
Hmmm...just listening now and it sounds like a combination of things...

square wave with a filter envelope to get the 'eeeoow' and err...is it pitch enveloped too? Hard to tell. If it is, its bending up a whole octave

Could I be any less specific?

:ilol:

micheru

SeenYour Member
Reaction score
it's simon's shnorkelflute played through raj after he has cleaned his pipes

:Wink3:
xx

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
i got another one, coincidentally also from the Crystal Skulls compilation. i think it was the 4th revelation, gms n 1200 mics (same thing innit), its at 6:20, this lovely gated synth, kinda FMish... really underground and tribally sounding, knowing who made it its probably a sample lol...
anyone got any ideas on how to make such a lovely thing?

Rextable

You're a smmrrg hrrrd
Reaction score
agree about the square wave possible FMed a bit

tried with Virus b last night... but am still learning it cuz only had it for a day or two. also tried with a Nova (SHAT) which know like the back of my hand. But i reckon it was done in Albino and possibly using Antares Filter VST. I suspect multiple filters in parrallel are in use which is why i suspect Antares Filter. And Albino can do fukked up wave forms. The Virus can these things also.

.... deffers only piching up 2 semitones (on the first bit anyway). so me thinks he wiggled the pitch bender and thought "oooh!!! that was good" :Grin:

hmmm.... think i'm thinking about this too much now. But it is the best noise ANYWHERE, EVER!!! :Grin:

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
Well, maybe I didn't remember as correctly as I thought I did :irolleyes but still, it was well before Antares Filter or Albino. :Smile3:

Warwick Bassmonkey

Average Sized Member
Reaction score
I think he rinsed a Roland V-Synth or something when it first came out.

I hope I'm wrong.

He'll shoot me if I'm right. :Grin:

Rextable

You're a smmrrg hrrrd
Reaction score
Warwick Bassmonkey said:
I think he rinsed a Roland V-Synth or something when it first came out.

I hope I'm wrong.

He'll shoot me if I'm right. :Grin:
Don't he like peeps giving his secrets away??? I don't know eh? these bloody obsessive producers:irolleyes

they're all like it. Me included :irazz:

giorgos

Junior Members
Reaction score
Fromem_Ory said:
i got another one, coincidentally also from the Crystal Skulls compilation. i think it was the 4th revelation, gms n 1200 mics (same thing innit), its at 6:20, this lovely gated synth, kinda FMish... really underground and tribally sounding, knowing who made it its probably a sample lol...
anyone got any ideas on how to make such a lovely thing?
Man, I think that noise can be replicated by using the free Delay Lama plugin(http://www.audionerdz.com) and passing it through a gate...No?:iyes:

(jack)

Reaction score
Someone post up a 16 bar loop of this noise and we'll compete to recreate it and share our secrets.

It's a good way to learn, no?

Rextable

You're a smmrrg hrrrd
Reaction score
(jack) said:
Someone post up a 16 bar loop of this noise and we'll compete to recreate it and share our secrets.

It's a good way to learn, no?
Awesome idea dood!!!! :ibiggrin:

anyone got V-synth (you lucky people)?