Posford purr: How does he do it?

Rextable

You're a smmrrg hrrrd
hello peeps :Grin:

You know that sound i'm talking aboot right????

UVFI and friends coined the phrase 'Posford purr' (i think)

A good example is the last track on 13 Crystla Skullz Tipworld compolation. don't know the name of the track.... sorry :Smile3:. It's the dirty wet sounding lead that comes in at 5:16
purring filters, short slap back type delay and luuuvely distortion etc

....anyway......

How do ya make that noise? any ideas?

Rextable :iwink:

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Hmmm...just listening now and it sounds like a combination of things...

square wave with a filter envelope to get the 'eeeoow' and err...is it pitch enveloped too? Hard to tell. If it is, its bending up a whole octave

Could I be any less specific?

:ilol:

micheru

SeenYour Member
it's simon's shnorkelflute played through raj after he has cleaned his pipes

:Wink3:
xx

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
i got another one, coincidentally also from the Crystal Skulls compilation. i think it was the 4th revelation, gms n 1200 mics (same thing innit), its at 6:20, this lovely gated synth, kinda FMish... really underground and tribally sounding, knowing who made it its probably a sample lol...
anyone got any ideas on how to make such a lovely thing?

Rextable

You're a smmrrg hrrrd
agree about the square wave possible FMed a bit

tried with Virus b last night... but am still learning it cuz only had it for a day or two. also tried with a Nova (SHAT) which know like the back of my hand. But i reckon it was done in Albino and possibly using Antares Filter VST. I suspect multiple filters in parrallel are in use which is why i suspect Antares Filter. And Albino can do fukked up wave forms. The Virus can these things also.

.... deffers only piching up 2 semitones (on the first bit anyway). so me thinks he wiggled the pitch bender and thought "oooh!!! that was good" :Grin:

hmmm.... think i'm thinking about this too much now. But it is the best noise ANYWHERE, EVER!!! :Grin:

Faction

Proto-col
Well, maybe I didn't remember as correctly as I thought I did :irolleyes but still, it was well before Antares Filter or Albino. :Smile3:

Warwick Bassmonkey

Average Sized Member
I think he rinsed a Roland V-Synth or something when it first came out.

I hope I'm wrong.

He'll shoot me if I'm right. :Grin:

Rextable

You're a smmrrg hrrrd
Warwick Bassmonkey said:
I think he rinsed a Roland V-Synth or something when it first came out.

I hope I'm wrong.

He'll shoot me if I'm right. :Grin:

Don't he like peeps giving his secrets away??? I don't know eh? these bloody obsessive producers:irolleyes

they're all like it. Me included :irazz:

giorgos

Junior Members
Fromem_Ory said:
i got another one, coincidentally also from the Crystal Skulls compilation. i think it was the 4th revelation, gms n 1200 mics (same thing innit), its at 6:20, this lovely gated synth, kinda FMish... really underground and tribally sounding, knowing who made it its probably a sample lol...
anyone got any ideas on how to make such a lovely thing?

Man, I think that noise can be replicated by using the free Delay Lama plugin(http://www.audionerdz.com) and passing it through a gate...No?:iyes:

(jack)

Someone post up a 16 bar loop of this noise and we'll compete to recreate it and share our secrets.

It's a good way to learn, no?

(jack)

I'm trying to souce it.

Which crystal skulls comp is it on? There are two.. The mysteries of.. and The secret of...

????

Rextable

You're a smmrrg hrrrd
(jack) said:
Someone post up a 16 bar loop of this noise and we'll compete to recreate it and share our secrets.

It's a good way to learn, no?

Awesome idea dood!!!! :ibiggrin:

anyone got V-synth (you lucky people)?