"Pro" Artists who covet Bass techniques

Lyuda

Forum Member
Reaction score
You know who you are, and the techniques arent even so creative/special so its obviously fear of being copied.

So why drip feed your "master"classes, milk money online and just leech leech leech all you can....

The only free useful, compassionate work ive seen done is by Colin from OOOD also Domestic and Cosmosis were helpful a lot before in the past

then you have the people here who like writing a 15 page dissertation about the osc/filter behavior because they like sounding intelligent and cultured, but their soundcloud sounds like bogbass rather than BOOMbass

Lyuda

Forum Member
Reaction score
Futurephonic wanted to make their mortgages off their business, but i have to say that Tristan's class was intelligent - he wanted people to try new things

others coveted and wanted to wax lyrical about their DAW creations, E-CLIP for example was running cracked cubase and scammed futurephonic out of a class! it was hilarious he was so patronizing

(NO i never payed to watch a single, single one and ive seen everything ok)

nab

Forum Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous post this. Brimming with positivity and overflowing with love.

Reactions: Sil

Kick-Flip

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi man - don't really know if I understand your gripe? I have been producing many years and found the futurephonic videos not bad. I specifically enjoyed the Tristian and Brainiac videos. At the end of the day - if you are watching these videos clearly you are looking to learn something to help you productions and even if after 5 videos I see one interesting technique that I end up using -it's worth it. If you are just beginning to make psytrance and have access to these video's I kinda envy you - when I started producing there was NOTHING like this available.

You know grinds my gears - all the ''YouNoob'' producers sharing their crappy copycat videos on reddit, acting like they are pro's but their actual music is ''meh'' at best and they are not known for making music only known for making lame ass tutorial videos. Go look at r/psytranceproduction - it's a wall of mostly trashy foocking production techniques they stole from other people pretending its their own. And big surprise -half of those mofos are mods on there. L

psyfi

Pie Fly
Reaction score
There's also a question of the change in the music industry and people diversifying to make a living. It's used to be hard to make music and save up for all the hardware that was essential at one time to produce, then the bottom fell out of music sales and gigs were how you brought money in.
So we've gone from hardly anyone making music and everyone buying it to everyone making music and no one buying it.
So it makes sense that people who've honed techniques over the years but are struggling to make ends meet would produce classes and sample packs and so on to feed the 'new market' of hobbiest producers.
I'm not a fan of sample packs or synth preset packs or even midi packs I've seen are now a thing but I get why they are there. People just want to make banging tunes but aren't so bothered about making the sounds from scratch but tweaking pre existing ones. If you don't want to have to 're-think re-train' as Mr Rishi Sunak suggests than you're more than welcome in my mind to feed that market.

7AtOm7

Forum Member
Reaction score
“The only free useful, compassionate work ive seen done is by Colin from OOOD also Domestic and Cosmosis were helpful a lot before in the past”
^
I’m suprised that Tom Cosm never got a mention Dirty Hippy also provide some decent insight to get the ball rolling , among a handful of others I’m not fully aware of yet but they seem a lot better paying for than one your hinting of
—————
Edit- the bottom message should really be attached to this one
Not too sure what I’ve done here so I mayan well just come clean and say that I’m an idiot 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

7AtOm7

Forum Member
Reaction score
That being said , in my current case , near enough zero videos to SEE how to produce psychedelic techno and the such slightly higher tempo variations of it , never ever do you get to see the deep ruuts of its creation revealed (those tracks that inspired you in the first place)

so then what , you instead have to learn and know how to LISTEN to what is already present in these tunes....

But I obviously get what you were saying , why bother if your not going to tell all and arrogantly insisting on getting people “paying” a premium price for stuff that can be found elsewhere for free...(where futurephonic is concerned your mostly paying for said producers time and not necessarily “game changing” knowledge)

<NineInch nails Copy of a copy of copy springs to mind>

Sometimes tho I do wish YouTube , visual media in general didn’t exist so that everyone was then forced to get creative and get lost in the thing that is loved and evolve the way previous dare I say older generations have.

Last edited:

Biggins

Cake Or Death
Reaction score
There are quite a few psy producers who have made production videos freely available. The two that spring to mind off the top of my head are E-clip and Sonic Elysium. The later does a a breakdown on how to re-produce four different kick and bass things from four different "known" producers.

There are plenty of others who have released sample packs, especially since COVID. Theoretically a person could use the techniques outlined in the Sonic Elysium video to recreate those (or any others that can be sampled).

7AtOm7

Forum Member
Reaction score
Yep although I’m referring to psychedelic techno in my case.... there’s no many foundational videos on that... but sure plenty of durga durga psy sqeltch about - yawn

I’m tired of psy trance these days it’s fucken boring... I wana produce stuff that I actually enjoy having fun with , mainly to please myself f everyone else 😆

dark to light psychedelic techno with some Zenon flavour.... not many vids about on the foundations of that..

Then I’d only be contradicting my previous statements about learning how to listen...
And the thing is I guess what drives a producer to be good is when he doesn’t want to be known for the same ol same , really has an urge to climb out of the usual cycle and so then we are not ever going to get the tricks that make them stand out above the rest since they worked hard to try and not sound like the rest and so then why share it so freely thus it remains within any given label that defines the label.....

And so then one can only really reference to what’s already out there.. there’s only so much you can do with that tho....

Last edited:

Biggins

Cake Or Death
Reaction score
dark to light psychedelic techno with some Zenon flavour.... not many vids about on the foundations of that..

Have a look at Dash Glitch's channel then. Or just grab some samples of stuff you like and reverse engineer it (which i what i was suggesting above).

7AtOm7

Forum Member
Reaction score
Fine yes das glitch is a worthy mention more of a Swiss Army knife of production - , but I need some foundational recipe input of a certain sub genre...

“Or just grab some samples of stuff you like”

that doesn’t really explain anything about the defining of the groove that makes it the style it is , how psychedelic techno really fused and such like, I need the full therum. Sound design of it keeps my ears entertained and would actually be driven to complete projects as it utilises enough sonic variety to keep my attention and well within the flow.

the stuff I’m driving at can be heard from Rama’s set

Styles not really something I’ve heard das glitch explain or play forgive if I’m wrong..

I keep retreating back to the last statement of learning how to listen. So I can’t actually say anything without contradicting myself now

Last edited: