Progessive

Patrick

Mushroom Member
Reaction score
I've just come back from Germany were i've been doin the festivals there and found that i enjoyed the music they played in the daytime at the festivals mainly progessive than at night but have no mixes can anyone help ???

thanks

ichabod

Reaction score
Another one has seen the light! Dancing to prog in the daytime is 100 times better than dancing to fullon psy-by-night :Smile3: bring on the sunshine! :Smile3:

(sorry, don't know of any mixes - could give you tons of reccomendations for artists but think there is already an old thread with loads of names)

TranceVisuals

Banned
Reaction score
Let's face it...
It's shit.
Crunch.

glen (iboga)

Junior Members
Reaction score
yodhe said:
Let's face it...
It's shit.
Crunch.

Delightful, so nice of you to come and slag us off.
I could write pages about the current state of psy... or full-on as it's become. It ain't really trance inducing for a start, so it should drop the word 'trance'.

And there is a pretty standard pattern to make a hit.
Big kick at 148bpm, 16 note bass, build up, drum role, break down, *insert stupid sample about drugs, aliens, religion, spiritual rubbish*, drum role, pop/silly noise, back with the kick, bass and leads. Yeah lets face it... it's shit, and it aint trance :Wink3:

Oh lets not start another great debate... everyone to there own

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
yeah, but thats shit psytrance ur on about... i'm in it for the good stuff :Smile3:
and have been lappin up proggy stuff too! in my own music i want to mix the progressive sounds and atmospheres with the bounciness and dynamics of trance, cause fuck it no-one else seems to be doing it...
been reaally liking Yotopias new album, and Iboga stuff, and whatever we were listening to by the pool the other day... so daytime, so sunshiney, so atmospheric... if i can just get that groove goin just a little more psytranced...

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
Fromem_Ory said:
yeah, but thats shit psytrance ur on about... i'm in it for the good stuff :Smile3:
and have been lappin up proggy stuff too! in my own music i want to mix the progressive sounds and atmospheres with the bounciness and dynamics of trance, cause fuck it no-one else seems to be doing it......

and a damn fine job you are making of it as well

glen (iboga)

Junior Members
Reaction score
Of course there is the good stuff... just you have dig very deep to find it. As always the shit floats on the surface!

Maybe I got yodhe wrong... just saw him post on another thread asking when some Iboga is going to make it up north. Maybe he was just saying my mix was shit! :Wink3:
Anyway, I'm confused?!?!?!

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
Personally I like listening to both worlds, but I can apply Glen's formula to prog just as easily...

Kick with long tail, suitably 'ethnic' percussion, single pulsing bass note with vaguely gay-house-like chord stab every couple of minutes to remind you that there is something besides this plodding beat. It may be trance but it ain't psychedelic! :Wink3:

There's good and shit in both the full-on and prog worlds... let's not argue! :Grin:

J.

(And I understand where Alex Fromem is coming from, but my tastes tend more towards the twisted, freaky nasty-things-whispered-into-your-ear-in-the-dead-of-night stuff! :ibiggrin: )

M

makdaddy

imo the progressive grooves are wiping the floor with the full on stuff, dunno if im just growing okl or the psy is shite :? naahhh i reckon the psy is mostly shite

..and theres only like, what 1 prog night in the UK >??

i think that jamez_23 should have a prog slot on psystream.... c'mon 23 you could do it from my house!! wheeee!