Progressive "house" ?

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
Reaction score
what in tintern abbey are you talking about?
Okay, so i'm massively enjoying the tribal vision releases and suchlike, and matenda's new one which is sort of progressive at about max 120-130 bpm

whats progressive house like these days? any good? anyone know? does it even exist still? would it mix in with 120-130bpm proggy psy?

am completely ignorant about this these days, but not so completely ignorant as to buy whatever the newest Global Underground is :Wink3:

http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=SLOPECD01

Thats another wicked slow proggy CD :Smile3:

There is loooooads of good prog house out there. Just, much like with Psy, there is a hell of a lot of shit to wade through to find the decent stuff. Goa_Kev is a man for his house or i could mail a couple of house loving mates of mine? :Smile3:

And prog psy and prog house will mix ... for sure! :Grin:

yeah - Tribal Visions album is great. Alot of the proggy labels are bordering on prog house these days. Antix is leaning that way - the Rai track on TV is defo prog house .....

I am into these sounds for sure ....... niiiiiice *jazzclub*

Sprout Records, Plastic Park .......... Slope Records ......... hmmmm there is a myriad of stuff out there. Not all labels are releasing cd's though .... shame - plenty of 12" .......

you will love me for this link!!

there are a whole STACK of mixes, i havent heard them all but i've got four so far and they're all bloody brilliant!!

i always pretty much hated house but i found these mixes by looking for more info on the outstanding "kooler - freefall (abakus remix)". downloaded the mix which had it in, it was great, so i downloaded some more... they were all just as great or even better!

the guy himself describes them as progressive house, to me they could easily fit into other categoies, its a mix of proggy house, breaks, minimal tech/psy/house type stuff. really really enjoy it - beautiful stuff .

http://www.ncm.hu/community/haazy/welcome/Mixes/Haazy%20mixes/

one small prob, there is some weirdness with the mp3s, where it skips/stutters slightly on every 'trackmark' , even tho they're one long continuous mp3 anyway.... weird... maybe he burnt to cd, then ripped and encoded but with a silly gap inserted when ripping or something.

anyway, altho it is annoying it doesnt spoil them that much for me,

Prog House and Prog Psy are moving closer together all the time...examples:
KOOLER, SAIKO POD, SON KIT, TRISTAN, IBOGA RECORDS, KAMAFLAGE...
the main contrats i can see is that prog houseihas just a little more rawness in terms of production, its more focused on the groove, so you wont find that much great synthesis over the top...nice build ups and slamming drops a plenty though... proggy psy is pretty much the same except it .maintains the psy production ethic and also has way more synthesis and perhaps a little darke toor...although i have heard some pretty dark twisted house....
oh and for the record i love house music...just not that pop house crap...(except Daft Punk...bloody Frechies)

Try Max Graham - Transport.
Timo Maas - Connected

both a couple of years old mix cds - finable in your nearest hmv - some good stuff :Smile3:

Avalance Records, believe it is run by Sebastian Krueger...always worth a look for chunky house.

Peter Gun album has some v nice tunes on it as does most of the Millenium Records releases.

If you got a turntable then most of the tunes on Vapour Records are worth a look especially the tunes by Fitalic

enjoy :Smile3:

i'm no house fan, but i did listen to a prog-house set given to me by my flatmate at the time (who made prog-house himself, sometimes with kristian) and i can definitely see where the similarities are, and obviously a lot of psy producers get alot of inspiration from prog-house and vica versa.

the kind of progressive music i'm looking for is like the really funky stuff, but still with psy sounds. the best example i can think of is Mr. Leatherman by Ticon. wikkid drops and climaxes, really groovey beats and cool sounds. can anyone reccomend me any?

check out Satoshiie tomie (sp?) really good proghouse artist :Smile3:

Tony Thomas is ok.
Not so much Prog more Deep/Tribal.
But worth a listen......also goes under the name of the Producers..
Flying the funky path is worth checking out

I'm actually a house DJ but love psy, and love partying to psy but don't buy and spin it cuz am a house DJ(don't have the money to buy psy and house!). I play mostly the electro, techy, jackin and rocky (sorry geek alert!) stuff comin out but used to be into prog, but it gotta bit boring. I like the tribal stuff tho. Check out anything by peace division. and underwater records (paul jackson - fukin wikid), not really sure if it's proggy enough but is a fucking sik label very funky and techy.... some of this stuff would blatently blend nicely with a bit of doofy squelch

oli oi oi said:
. and underwater records (paul jackson - fukin wikid), not really sure if it's proggy enough but is a fucking sik label very funky and techy.... some of this stuff would blatently blend nicely with a bit of doofy squelch

wonder if that's voodoo people paul jackson.

yeah, check out paul jackson- far from here. beutiful deep basslines with kinda bongo/dhol drums. epic. mazing

some good prog house out there you have to dig deep to find the best stuff ..

eric enterna
slacker
ac dc

bamboo .. bamboomusic.org

there more on the techy side of it more my style

Back