Progressive Psychelic recommendations

Skenkl

Reaction score
Yo yo,

I found this CD the other day, and its exactly what I'm looking for, copy the link to see what I'm talking about, its called ETIC- FEEDBACK.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/trl/trl1cd013.html

This IS the sound i'm after but have struggled to find it, Anyone have any record label leads artists, I really am looking for the uplifting 'ThrompDuggaThrompDugga' that really pulsing, percusive morning type stuff.

I have listened to Freq and similar acts its very good, but does not have the same uplifting energy to me. Anyone who can point me in the direction of any thing will be a ledgend

:partysmi:

Tried Lish - Freefall?? a bit fullon a bit prog, nice sound.

haven't heard the Etic album, will pay saikosounds a visit

lish 'freefall' is great but you have to be careful regarding the time of morning you play it. try genetic spin, they're definitely prog-psy. they've worked with silicon sound alot which is always a bonus... also try the track 'mr leatherman' by Ticon, the first major drop is so cool and although its probably not exactly what you're looking for Tom i think you'll appreciate it. i'm also on a mission for good quality morning music which has the dynamics, sounds and instruments(not a big fan of proggy kicks) of a morning psy tune, but with the groovieness and variation of good bouncy progressive. i find artists like freq and beat bizzarre are well good with atmospherics and foresty sounds... it just goes on for too long!

There is also this very creative guy from Denmark called 'Moses'. His tracks are very deep progressive but not at all housey. I recommend anyone to check out his stuff.....good shit!!

labels to check out...

-Tribal Visions (start with Lime Light, it's a bit chummier than their other one)
-Domo (back on form)
-Iboga (set5 will scratch the itch you describe, or i'll eat my hat -- and give antix a whirl as well)

Progressive's definitely where its at right now IMO.

Cheers damion, yer i've had a listen to the domo records stuff and I like it, got a couple of their albums on my order. Will check out tribal visions when I get home.

Nice one

:Smile3:

what do we think of the new jaia? i was really looking forward to it, and i'd dipped in and out of it over the last week or so.

yesterday played it right through for the first time and... i dunno, i feel amost violated.

Back