Projector Repair Needed

Punkkrasta

Rasta Jedi
Reaction score
Aaaaiit guys

i have a lovely infocus LP500 projector, but i think the internal fuse has gone...

it got really hot and died and it the led light dont even come on anymore :icry:

anyoone knows anyone who anything about em?

i live in manchester but i can maybe can travel on way to or way back from a party...you know how it is.... :iwink:

would be nice to have em fixed for the missing party 22nd feb if at all possible..... :ismile:

all clues, ideas and suggestions welcome.....

D

dave arc-i

its a professional job to repair beamers - expect a large bill

Rik

Junior Members
Reaction score
the parts inside such machine are specific for it's vendor and you will not be able to obtain them except via the normal repair procedures (this goes for the majority of beamers). You might be able to find a lamp in retail (and pay a lot of money for it as this is a pretty important component)

there is only a small chance that it is a fysical fuse that is broken, i used to repair such machines at my previous jobs and most of the time it's a safety because another component is failing... have it looked at by someone who can actually obtain the needed technical parts if you want to be succesfull...

don't have it looked at by someone who is not used to working on this kind of machine, cause if you need to bring it to an actual repair center there is a large chance they will be able to spot that it's been tampered with and charge you extra for extra labour this induces, and possible extra parts they will want to replace.

good luck!

Punkkrasta

Rasta Jedi
Reaction score
Rik said:
the parts inside such machine are specific for it's vendor and you will not be able to obtain them except via the normal repair procedures (this goes for the majority of beamers). You might be able to find a lamp in retail (and pay a lot of money for it as this is a pretty important component)

there is only a small chance that it is a fysical fuse that is broken, i used to repair such machines at my previous jobs and most of the time it's a safety because another component is failing... have it looked at by someone who can actually obtain the needed technical parts if you want to be succesfull...

don't have it looked at by someone who is not used to working on this kind of machine, cause if you need to bring it to an actual repair center there is a large chance they will be able to spot that it's been tampered with and charge you extra for extra labour this induces, and possible extra parts they will want to replace.

good luck!
cheers for the info dude :iwink:

il check out how to go through 'normal procedures', fair doos. just thought its be cheaper from a mate, providing they do know what theyre doing and have access to the parts; i know a couple o guys that can but ones not in manchester at the moment and on crazy missions, and the other ive not been able to get in contact with.

dont suppose you know about infocus projectors? you say you used to fix them; i take it you cant do it anymore through your old contacts (for a fee)? or know of any good repair centres that deal with infocus (near manchester)?

Punkkrasta

Rasta Jedi
Reaction score
pesh said:
i've got an old LP500, theres a common defect with that model that causes the bulb to run too hot and blow very early on, normally after about 100-200 hours.
theres a modification infocus will do for free, but if the bulbs blown it's £240 plus vat for a new one. sorry mate, check this thread.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/InFocus-LP500-user-reviews.htm

cheers dude

nice one for your help

sorry didnt fink anyone else was gonna reply.