psy collective sample bank

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
hey all
just had a thought... what about.... setting up an ftp where we can upload sample librarys and collections, a big bunch of wavs that we can upload and download? i have a few libraries i wouldnt mind sharing, and i'm always on the lookout for more. i can see the pros and cons to this idea, what u guys think?
...full flight...
alex

whitedog said:
then we can all sound the same :Smile3:
yeah that being the con... it would be cool if i knew that people were going to share and share alike, and then used the samples positively and fucked em sideways before using them in a tune... this could have positive and negative impacts... lets get more feedback first...
:party2:

i dunno, i couldnt do the ftp thing myself, but would like to work closely with someone who was to set something up... i personally could sort a few gigs of samples, it depends on how popular the idea is...

Sounds like a good idea... I take it you mean home made samples? Obviously a bit dodgy putting up ones off sample CDs! (which leads me to another idea... psyforum P2P anyone???)

i personally have a large collection of samples that i've got from other people along my trance journey :P i dunno where they came from, i've got a lot that i hear regularly in trance tunes (protocultures makes less sounds than ya think!)(good music though), and i would be happy to share these. i'm sure we all have samples that are our own which we dont want to share for various reasons.

same here, lots collected from other artists over time. Many which i hear getting rinsed over and over.

mine are mainly kicks, percussive stuff and loops, sweeps, drops and atmos :Smile3:

im up for some sample CD's swappage too

drop us a PM... sweet :Smile3:

yeah geez cam! 400gigs! thats like more than twice the sum of the hard drives of both my computers! well if it costs, then maybe we can charge at a very very cheap non-profit rate... argh thats getting complicated. all meet at the park at midnight with samples, holding a red balloon.
i think 50 gigs would be good enough to start. do u know how much it mite cost for something like that?

A lot :/

Seriously large amounts of money involved there. The financial burden would be an awful lot to share even. Wouldn't a better solution be everyone hosting their own sounds, and then creating a meeting point (like a forum) which links to said sounds? Then everyone could host as many sounds as they wished to/ were able to - divide the forum up into areas like percussion sounds, FX, leads etc etc etc. You could even have user ratings and things. I think Forum software could really work well at this sort of thing. Much fluffier than FTP.

I'd happily set up a forum for this sort of thing. Have a site with high bandwidth (but not high storage) raring to go.

But yes, I'm in, in whatever shape and form, I've got about a billion samples I've made over the years lying around, which I'd love to inflict on everyone. :Smile3:

Fromem_Ory said:
yeah geez cam! 400gigs! thats like more than twice the sum of the hard drives of both my computers

errr, yeah thats two 200 gig externals full of everything from libraries to reaktor and absyth session audio.....and my internal project drive has just reached maximum so i is gotta fork out for another feckin external to store data....

id love to contribute...it would give me an excuse to archive my sounds into folders...

Back