psy for dummies

Exulus Dec 15, 2004

1. Exulus

Exulus Grubby Student

Threads:
    ok, in the new year me and a mate are looking at trying to create a track or two just for fun. Unfortunately we have no idea what software we need and how to go about it, but the enthusiasm is there!

So i was just wondering if anyone knew any good tools to use, any articles to read on production or anything like that. I've tried reading through a few of the threads on here but im lost as soon as people start talking about different filters etc :no:

Basically we have no idea where to start :unsure: Im guessing getting a good bass rhythm/melody is the key with the percussion, and then overlaying that with all the other melodies/sound effects/samples.

cheers in advance guys :Smile3:

2. mafkaroo

mafkaroo Junior Members

Threads:
    Well,
    A few years ago, I started with rebirth from www.propellerheads.se (where you can download a demo).
    Its a classic 303 emulator complete with an 808 and 909 drum machine.
    It should give a gentle introduction to techno/trance styles, just don't expect big things when you start as theres a long way to go..

3. seuss

seuss Junior Members

Threads:
    this should help:

http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

my advice would be to read it before doing much else :Smile3: it can seem overly-techy at times, but be persistent - it's really, really worth it IMO.

best of luck! :Smile3:

4. Exulus

Exulus Grubby Student

Threads:
    cheers guys we'll check these out :Smile3:

5. j_s

j_s Junior Members

Threads:
    fruity loops and reason are other good starting points. the only real way to learn is just to get stuck in.

6. Exulus

Exulus Grubby Student

Threads:
    Yeh, i try that but fruity loops just overwhelms me! Same with most audio software, so many menus/buttons etc it just feels daunting at first. But nevertheless we shall try :bananada:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice