Psychedelic Folk Dub

monkey monkey

Your furry friend
Reaction score
Hello.

Apologies if I've posted this is in the wrong section, but I'm sure you'll forgive me if I have.

Now, I know that this board is directed more towards psy-trance than other music, which is pretty nice, but I'm playing a hybrid of Dub & Folk music in a psychedlic style (I asked my friends how I should describe it, as I didn't want to come across as something that I'm not).

I've played a few events, and am booked to do a couple of *community* festivals next year. I played a few smaller festivals this year too (as well as a set in a random cafe at Glasto), but now I am looking for somewhere to play where I can have an audience which does not consist of people into rock music. The town I'm, from, though bursting with new musical talent, concentrates very much on the rock/alternative side of things, so any nights I'll play are very often with this kind of music, which is odd to say the least, when all the neo-rockers are faced with a bunch of colourful people wearing dreadlocks..!

I am very much hoping that someone here will be able to point me to a venue or festival that may like me to play - if someone wants to hear a demo, PM/email me with details & I can send you one. I'm pretty illiterate with computing, so I haven't got any tunes on the net. If you do contact me and I don't get back to you, it's not that I'm ignoring you, but I'm going to South America on Wednesday for the rest of November. It's a hard life...

I'd like to say, as well, that all I want to do with my music is play it - I'm not after payment for it.

And to finish off, a shameless plug - The Iguana Bar in Reading on Thursday 15th December. A full night of Sunshine Dub visuals and everything. It's free.

Thanks

***peace***

monkey monkey

Your furry friend
Reaction score
Hello. Yeah, I'm almost a one man band!!

I make live loops on real instruments (not meaning, of course, that computers and keyboards aren't 'real' but that's a debate for another time...) with a few effects thrown in for good measure.

It started out when I was listening to a lot of dance & psychedelic music and hearing samples of instruments in a lot of stuff and thought that the actual instrument would be better to use.

Don't get me wrong - I love electronic music, but I don't see the point in it when it tries to re-create something that is better real. This is one of the reasons I like psy-trance as some of the noises in the tunes are the coolest sounds, which I don't think I'd EVER able to make. If I could, I don't think I'd make it out of my room, I'd just be sitting at home, mashed, listening to crazy noises!