Psyfi and Slinkytronic collaboration. What you think?

psyfi

Pie Fly
Forum Fun-raiser
Reaction score
Hello. Me and Slinkytronic who Some of you might better know as Pricey on this here forum have just written a new n funky tune. We would very much like it if you guys could lend you ears to it and lets us know what you think.

It's called "The Last Funketeer" and can be found as useuall at the top of my music page. Don't be shy. Tell us if its poo or even if it's not. Thankz.

http://www.psyfi.co.uk/music.htm
May the funk be with you.

cool bass line, although i have to admit im not a huge fan of the slap bass and guitars.

The funk stuffs natural tempo seems to be going at 70 bpm rather than 140, if you see what i mean.

But, the track is really funny and put a smile on my face,

as the track progresses it gets much better espeically after the break,

not sure i really like the clap snare, doesn't seem to fit very well, that is just personal taste.

phat basss!

Pete

Cheers Pete. Glad it put a smile on your face. There,s more room in Psytrance for Chas and Dave I think. The personal crusade has begun.

Anyone else got any thoughts on this one you would like to share with us?

very nice.. personally i think the slap bass works rather well, if a teeny bit on the cheesy side.. :Wink3:

all round well put together - everything fits in & nothing sounds out of place..

really like the sudden tempo drop & back in. not sure about the chord changes around 5:00 and 5:20.. seem a little forced? hehe drops back in nicely after that tho! the high pitched synth coming in at 6:15 gets a bit grating after not too long, but the one it changes to around 7:00 kinda makes it work..

nice one.. !

Thanks Pete I'll have another look at that high synth and think about what variations I could implement or how I could take it out an in, in a more economic fashion.

Any more comments welcome they all help in us being able to view are own work from someone else’s point of view, which is really handy.

Cheers:ibiggrin:

The sound of London
pic2003.jpg

Yap yap

Rabbit rabbit

With you’re incessant talking. You’re becoming a pest.

http://www.chasndave.fsnet.co.uk/

My god they have a coming soon album

Back