Psysounds.com, new digital shop online

mocca

Mouka
Reaction score
Psysounds.com is a digital online shop for psychedlic music.
We start with the catalogue of Trishula Records and Ajana Records and the independent label featuring Aghori Tantrik from India.
All tracks offered are in Flac format, a lossless compression format.
You can decompress it and burn the Wave tracks on cd. Soon we will add MP3 format as well, so if you are on a modem
you can also download tracks from Psysounds.com.
Labels and artists can contact us at businesses(at)psysounds.com.

http://www.psysounds.com

ichabod

Reaction score
Great :Smile3:... finally lossless compression online sales! This is exaclty what is needed to rescue psytrance from piracy.

IMO, a major part of the temptation for piracy is the simplicity and speed of getting a new album...
Without online sales people have the choice of waiting a week for a mail order or alternatively a single click and a 10 minute wait in their favorite P2P client. This kind of website should even the playing field - not only is the music instant acess, it is also higher quality than the mp3s on fileshare networks :Smile3:

grokit23

God mintsmak
Reaction score
Nice to see somebody selling tracks in a better compression format than mp3. Good luck guys, keep up the good work. :Grin:

antic

Junior Members
Reaction score
I have a mixed feelings about this whole digital-online-shopping thingy...

I for one do net see the incentive to download the music and pay for it, if I can have it free from P2P. I know that the quality of WAV/Flac vs. mp3 is better (CD quality), but this just doesn't justify the whole thing in my opinion. How many of you can spot the difference between properly ripped 320kbps mp3 and a CD? How many of you play on big rigs where the difference is apparent? And come on - do you really have to have the music the day it was released?! Is "patience" out of fashion nowadays? :Wink3:

If I choose to support an artist for what he's doing, I'll buy his music on good 'ol plastic CD, because only then I can feel I've purchased something tangible. I loooove the process of unpacking, looking at the artwork, seeing my whole collection up on the shelve etc. All of those thing is missing with digital-shops...

I only fear, that someday CDs will vanish and become obsoloete. Too bad :Sad:

mocca

Mouka
Reaction score
@Antic: you also support the artist by buying the music digitally. It is the your attitude that you would rather dl an illegal copy (and not supporting the people behind the music but only profit on it) then buying and paying for a fair alternative. The advantage for offering the music digitally is that there are no physical borders, no big import taxes or weeks of waiting when ordering a cd online. For many psyfreaks in many countries it is a hassle to order cd's online because the mail takes ages to deliver it. For other people that like just a particular track on a released cd they can buy it now. Offering FLAC is a 100% alternative for buying audio cd's, that is the reason we offer it. And buying an album on Psysounds.com will give you the artwork as well. Personallly I don't care if the cd comes from a presswork or out of my cd-r drive as long as the quality is good. It is not a question if you can hear the difference between MP3 and FLAC because it could be also mp3 tracks convert to audiotracks on a cd you bought, would you notice the difference? It is quality people like to have and will get when they buy digital audio with a lossless compression format. The same quality you expect when you buy a cd.

antic

Junior Members
Reaction score
mocca said:
Personallly I don't care if the cd comes from a presswork or out of my cd-r drive as long as the quality is good.
That's where we differ :Smile3:

I'm sorry if my comment sounded rude or unfriendly - that was not my intention. What I wanted to say is that for me the fact of owning the actual plastic released by artist's label is the most valuable thing and even a perfectly ripped WAV file for which I paid to the artist is not a good enough substitution for me. I don't get the same excitement I have unpacking the CD, looking at the artwork, even smelling the new CD :iredface::ilol:. I'm willing to wait few days and able to pay taxes / p&p to get that something extra that I don't receive with digital data.

I'm glad though that there are other alternatives for people who value other things than me. I even have the idea that could support your business - convince the artists that they should give you files of quality better than on CDs, like 24-bit 96kHz (standard studio quality) and sell them. Maybe that'd convince me :ismile:

And please, stay off the piracy accusations, because you know nothing about me. I download the unknown music to check it - if it's good I buy it over the internet, if it's not - I delete it. That's what I call "conscience & pocket friendly" solution :iwink:

(EDIT: wow, my 100th post!)