Quality electronica

Wish I could remember who recommended this album to me sometime earlier this year. At a push, my fave is probably Showreel Pt 3, but it's not really representative, more like the showstopper after the noodlings before, so maybe if you're pushed for time, tracks 3-5 would give you a better idea as they make for a lovely trio one after the other. Ultimately, however, I'm posting in this thread because it's one of those releases that can't really be categorised - bit of ambient, bit of techno, bit of jungle etc., all intermingling dreamily - and probably best consumed whole. If it was someone from here, you are my favourite person today. Gorgeous.

Wish I could remember who recommended this album to me sometime earlier this year. At a push, my fave is probably Showreel Pt 3, but it's not really representative, more like the showstopper after the noodlings before, so maybe if you're pushed for time, tracks 3-5 would give you a better idea as they make for a lovely trio one after the other. Ultimately, however, I'm posting in this thread because it's one of those releases that can't really be categorised - bit of ambient, bit of techno, bit of jungle etc., all intermingling dreamily - and probably best consumed whole. If it was someone from here, you are my favourite person today. Gorgeous.

Djrum is lush! Though I have not given this release a proper listen - thanks for the reminder!

hidden orchestra are quality - this is the OST to some computer game, but dont let that put you off. Its a weird neo-classical/electronica beast

Ah, nice one, I'll have a sniff, cheers. Agree, they are awesome - I ended up buying Dawn Chorus after Mark Day featured one of their tracks in his Iso set and still seriously considering the others.

the windowlicker mashup is beyond class

Last edited:
Reactions: Sil
I've been digging The Higher Intelligence Agency recently, particularly the album Freefloater, which is a newish discovery for me. As far as 90's vibes go they seem to hit the optimal level of cosmic slinkiness! Would be very much up for anyone else's recommends in this vein.

I've been digging The Higher Intelligence Agency recently, particularly the album Freefloater, which is a newish discovery for me. As far as 90's vibes go they seem to hit the optimal level of cosmic slinkiness! Would be very much up for anyone else's recommends in this vein.

H.I.A feature quite heavily on this compilation series...worth checking out...

...also the Feed Your Head compilations are probably worth a look too.

Back