Question about pitchbending.

xizco

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Though im new to the forum, im a long time Psytrance lover.
I had a question regarding a way of beding a vocal as Vini Vici & Tristan & Avalon did in there collaboration named ''Colors''. ()
I know how to pitch bend, but i tend to use FL studio most of the time, since my knowlage of FL is way more vast then on any other DAW.
But i can not find a way to bend a vocal without stretching it, if im not slicing it up, part by part, and Pitching the parts i want to have pitched.
I've tried many diffrent methoods. but it never comes out like in ''Colors''.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

What other programs do you have to hand? What pitch and time algorythems does FL studio have to offer? I would point you towards a granular option of some kind. Ableton's Transposition Modulation and pitch algorithms should have what you need.

What other programs do you have to hand? What pitch and time algorythems does FL studio have to offer? I would point you towards a granular option of some kind. Ableton's Transposition Modulation and pitch algorithms should have what you need.

Yea i kind of figured they use Ableton for something like this, i was just curious if anyone had any experience in doing this kind of vocal pitch bending inside FL or any other DAW, A friend of mine pointed out that using the Build in FL synth, Harmor as a resampling tool could possible work aswell.

Thank you my kind sir for the reply!

i dont FL user but if i remember correctly in fruity any audio that you pull in to the pattern panel got a pitcht knob no? - anyway in the track that you mention i think the vocal dont get pitch alone, but a autometion on a deleay speed on MS

Last edited:
i dont FL user but if i remember correctly in fruity any audio that you pull in to the pattern panel got a pitcht knob no? - anyway in the track that you mention i think the vocal dont get pitch alone, but a autometion on a deleay speed on MS
The thing is in FL studio, WHen you pull in an audio clip, and use the knob to pitch, it get stretched.
Anyhow thanks everyone so far for all the help! Love to see a community with such an amazing responds to people in need:Heart:
Much love:Heart:

not too knowledgable about this but I'm going to use this thread anyways to know 'bout pitch bending too... hoping for replies! :Wink3:

not too knowledgable about this but I'm going to use this thread anyways to know 'bout pitch bending too... hoping for replies! :Wink3:
Think i've might stumbled upon a goldmine then!, First of, it was brought to my attention that you could use Harmors resampling methood to do this, since it wont stretch the sample, secondly i've found this plug in ( can not remember the name atm since im not at home), that let you pitchbend without stretching aswell for a smooth and cool pitchbending.
I've tried it out myself and it seems to work with the right automation.
Ill update you as soon as i'll get home so i can look up what it was called!

hi guys i think i found the exact FX that was used in this track - if I right it was Travelizer on Rektor

here example of how a vocal sounds like after i was passed it through this effect
Sound1

and here is Donald Trump in it :Smile3:
Trump:Smile3:

hi guys i think i found the exact FX that was used in this track - if I right it was Travelizer on Rektor

here example of how a vocal sounds like after i was passed it through this effect
Sound1

and here is Donald Trump in it :Smile3:
Trump:Smile3:
Haha firrst of, That sounds super cool! And i love that you used trump in it xD:Heart:
Now finish it and we'll send it to the white house xD

But super thanks! I would buy Reaktor now if i had not just b ought my ozora ticket and the plane ticket from sweden to spain to hungary.

many ways could have been used, i thought alot about this specific track myself.

maybe something like Infected's iWish -> volume gater(occasionally on), and an auto pan.

but very likely just some other multi mangling VST, maybe pitchshifter from SoundToys, maybe in combination of multiple other toys in an EffectRack.

But simply pitch shifting as some suggest, will not introduce theese effects, it really sounds like some kind of granulation thing is going on with the sample(thats why my thoughts went to iWish, with some automation on pitch and formant)

after listening to moishrooms test sample, i think maybe its not granular modulation i hear, just a filter LFO somewhere in the chain, and you are likely close to the truth. i'll try get my hands on this Travelizer myself :Smile3:

after listening to moishrooms test sample, i think maybe its not granular modulation i hear, just a filter LFO somewhere in the chain, and you are likely close to the truth. i'll try get my hands on this Travelizer myself :Smile3:
I'm sure for now that is a granular synth, with some drops of trancegate. the only Q is: is it reaktor or not? - and after listen to some methods of granulars, i think it is reaktor or maybe the pitch pack in ableton...

Back