reason 3//

1300mgs

Junior Members
Reaction score
hi people of tne misik galaxy...i started making psy musik..on reason 2.5..i fing it quite fun...bt i would like to move to cubase sx,,which is better??according to yu people...many thanks

mafkaroo

Junior Members
Reaction score
^^^ Exactly you can rewire reason into cubase, that way you can use the class synths and samplers into cubase, and use some quality vsts for fx, mixing and production (as the ones in reason are a bit lame imho).
Which is better? neither, cubase is a proper sequencer host and is good for production and mixing, although the quality of the sounds depends on the vsts you use; reason is good because it allows you to put your ideas down quickly as its simple to use and all the basics building blocks are there ready for you to use.

luizmenezesjunior

Junior Members
Reaction score
Comparing Cubase with Reason is the same of comparing bananas with apple... Each program does one thing.

Cubase is just an Midi/Audio sequencer/editor with the abillity to have external synths/samplers/effects running together (Hardware or VSTs), so you can be free to do anything (from Rock to Psy)

Reason is an All-in-one music station, and doesn´t allow you to have other synths/effects/samplers besides the buil-ins, and it´s more suitable for eletronic music...

Just my toughts.... (sorry about my English)

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
speaking of which... i have a laptop running reason... can i Rewire that into my other PC, running cubase? what are my options?

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Reaction score
Fromem_Ory said:
speaking of which... i have a laptop running reason... can i Rewire that into my other PC, running cubase? what are my options?
nah you can't do that...have you looked into Cubase SystemLink? You could (in theory) run cubase on both machines with reason rewired into one of them. No idea how well it works though.

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
damn, seemed like a good idea at the time... would be cool n all... will try the external midi thing. i wonder if theres any other cool things i can do with two linked computers (and the laptop having a second monitor :Grin:)(gotta submit my entry to the 'studio pics' thread soon)....

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
Here are two applications I use for doing stuff with both my laptop and studio computer:

http://plasq.com/wormhole/ - multichannel delay-compensated audio over a network
http://www.maxivista.com/ - use your laptop as a second monitor for your system

Get MIDI and digital audio running between the two machines and you'll be amazed at the level of integration you can achieve.

1300mgs

Junior Members
Reaction score
thanks guys ..my head is a bi clear now..reason is good as its quite user friendly to use..bt sound wise its nt that good especially the base line...i trying to start using cbase..bt its nt ...my cup of tea..i ll get there