Reason Refill extractor - at last!

Ain't tried it yet (don't have copy of Reason 3... yet.....). I got this link from a thread on KVR forums and from peoples comments it seems that it does work for the majority of refills.

I know it does seem too good to be true :Smile3: finally someone has cracked the problem - I bet Propellerheads are rankled! May be worth grabbing a copy quickly - it may get taken offline as its legal status sounds a bit grey.

Yup - it seems to work just fine -> just go into a RFL find some rex for example -
highlight them
right click to extrackt and unpack -
One of the easiest converts and fastest i might add i've ever tried - :ibiggrin: except for the Sage converter for Spectrasonics

The refills don't even have to be near Reason - mine are all on a seperate Harddrive- :ismile: only the "extractor" itself must be in the Reason dir (by the orkester.rfl bank)

It (the "refill extractor") also presents an interesting albeit lazy solution to creating drums by extracting the rex files purely for "groove" use - ie: using only the midi, reorganizing them in logic for example as one or more sounds on the ESX24 to name but one example- like lazy reason users have done for ages - but most of you propably know this for sure. :iwink:

Continuum said:
You have to get version 3 if just for the MClass stuff...:iyes:

Oh I'd love to, don't get me wrong, but it just hasn't come my way yet.

yeah, this sounds fantastic, but I've only got reason 2.5 as well...
+ (even more annoyingly) I don't have the Orkester sound bank (even though it should come with the whole thing :Sad: )
Still, although I do want this alot, it is still possible to just open reason up as an rewired track, and bounce everything into the cubase mix (great cos the Dr. Rex is already in Tempo too :Smile3: )
still
I want to be able to use this prog

At last! I dont like to have thousands of refills, and everytime you need something search one by one. I have tried to write in a handbook the location of the good samples, more than one for sure :irofl: .

I use Ableton Live connected to Reason. I dont know why but I can throw Reason out of my projects, with the v3.0 it has Reborn :ismile: (The combinator is the key)

But 3.0 has problems also rendering you need a patch 3.01 or something like that...
I thought it doesn´t have a CV inverter. If you are looking for that, pay attention to the Spider CV.

:irazz: thanks for the soft

Back