recording mix on your pc

mmm...thx.
Yea for directly recording from mixer to pc,I also use soundforge.
Think I should have a go with mixmeister and see what its like...
cheers :Wink3:

I use wavelab mates

Cool Edit Pro 2.0 is what I use, does the job, nice and easy to record and edit.

I use Audiograbber to record the inital mix, then if I wanna do anything to it I put it into Adobe Audition. U can get Audiograbber from download.com.

Kev...I have tried using Audiograbber, but it is a bitch to work out how to get it to grab an input from the soundcard rather than direct of a CD in the drive...

How do you do it?

You have to goto 'line in sampling' which is under the file drop down menu. It then brings up the line in screen and u have to set the levels etc. :Smile3:

Cheers...I'll have a look at that when I get home later....

Soundforge, though, is great for post-mix editing/fades/production....

has anyone managed to get traktor to work? i have it but the screen is wierd and it wants a multichannel card...to output... or i am just stupid...

i have recorded onto my computer (in the good old days... of sucky software) using the inbuilt sound recorder on windows. this works fine, and you learn to keep your mixer OUT of the red.

often your sound card will have a recording software already installed which will do the job whilst waiting for soundforge to appear or getting audiograbber to work

Yep, I've got Traktor working....But you do need either a multi-output soundcard or 2 soundcards to be able to monitor the output seperately from the main outs....

I manage fine using traktor WITHOUT using the monitoring! Especially when stoned, I seem to be able to pull off some really smooth mixes. I just love overlapping tracks - such as bringing the next one in when the first one has reached the middle breakdown.

I shall have to get a mix up. It's been good practice I reckon - I'd love to have my own CD decks, and I know it's not quite the same...only the monitoring is what's really different. I'm doing in traktor without monitoring, but I'm relying on the wave display to find the first beat, then I cue back in blocks of 16 measures to the beginning and cue it when the first track reaches a major section point. Then it's just a matter of tweaking the EQ's and hitting the +/- buttons to keep it in sync until the first track finishes playing out, and by then the second track has seamlessly taken over.

Another big difference between real CD mixing and traktoring, is the temp/pitch control - it's automatic in traktor, but totally manual on CD decks (on all Cd decks? let me know if I'm wrong on this, would be great to hear about decks with tempo recognition). When you don't have automatic tempo recognition and auto-sync, then that's when monitoring becomes vital - to get the next track sync'ed up.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fushion Julz @ Jan 20 2004, 11:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Kev...I have tried using Audiograbber, but it is a bitch to work out how to get it to grab an input from the soundcard rather than direct of a CD in the drive...

How do you do it? [/quote:962b76d102]
Did ya get it workin?

Back