recording sounds on the move

kodomo Jun 23, 2004

1. kodomo

kodomo Junior Members

Threads:
    I want to record bits and pieces of sounds and performers while travelling. The problem is I cant travel with a dat recorder and a fragile 500£ mic(cant afford it anyways). What can be used instead, the md solution seemed reasonable, then recording back to the computer seemed to be a problem. Maybe these new mp3 players with a nice condenser, dont know, heeeelp :Smile3:

2. psyxel

psyxel Badajalash

Threads:
    I ve a Mac G4 and recorded all my mds without problem. I just conneced the md to da Mac. Used "Sound Studio" & that s it. Sound quality s not the best ever but more than good if what u r looking for is a portable recorder.
    I remembered that i had some problems when i wanted to record an md to my other cpu (Pc Athlon 900Mhz). I used CoolEdit & dont know the reason but the wave recorded was fucked up.
    Maybe u should look 4 more info about which program u can use when recording from MD.

3. kodomo

kodomo Junior Members

Threads:
    is that so :Smile3: I got a g4 too, but the md player belonged to the school and I could try it with their pc's.
    Cool, thanks I ll give it a try

4. JPsychodelicacy

JPsychodelicacy Studio Elf

Threads:
    Ott's the residential Man Who Has Used All Manner Of Mics, so you're best off asking him. As far as I know Rode (who are usually really good value for money) do a small condenser mic (NT3) for about a hundred quid. What you choose to record on is entirely your choice. I haven't heard about MD being difficult to record from (though I'm aware Sony can be really arsey about such things), XItel do a widget which allows direct digital transfer between MD and PC without having to go via analogue.

J.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice