Reference amplifier

A

Andrea

Hi peeps, I am about to change my hi-fi amp, which sux for my studio set up, Im checking Alesis RA300, which looks good quality and affordable for my budget, also is one of the few that I found interesting. Anyone would suggest/advise any other amp, or any reasons not to buy this one in case it is a bad choice?

At the moment I use NS8 Yamaha as passive NF monitors but planning to change them later, maybe Tannoy Reveal or Reveal X. Also any advise on monitors would be a great help.

Thanx very much :Grin:

Fushion Julz

Sound Bod
The Alesis amps are average at best....

Even a decent HiFi amp is going to sound better and deliver more current than a small Alesis.

I can recommend the C-Audio RA500/501 (1u high, convection cooled and 125 or 150w/ch) although it will have to be 2nd hand as they don't make 'em any more!

Plenty of other options available from Crown, Crest and the like....Depends on your budget....

A

Andrea

Pleeeeease any suggestions? :sad:

I will take it tonite after work, and really would like to have some opinions. I was offered a Samson but I thought it does not have the same frequency response as the Alesis, but not sure what else to consider in the specs as I am not familiar with monitoring technicalities.

:unsure:

A

Andrea

Uuuups, thanx Julz I just posted while you did :P

Cheers dude

A

Andrea

I am also a bit tired to buy my music equipment at Turnkeys, sometimes they have good deals but never a good guidance when it comes to ask them some help in making a choise out of few options. Some ppl there don't have any idea of what they are doing, it seems.

Where do you guys usually shop in the London area?