Hardware Relatively Inexpensive FX Modules recomendations?

Equilibrious

Forum Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Arturia Microbrute for a decent price and wanted a multi FX module to go along with it, pedals as well.

Thanks everyone.

MarcBSounds

Forum Member
Reaction score
Old Yamaha FX900 does killer distortion/overdrive but poor reverbs. I paid £70 used
Behringer RV600 is a very nice stereo reverb for little money. I paid £40 used
Donnar Tube Drive does the acid 303 poco rat type distortion sound. I paid £22 new
Zoom MS-70CDR does reverb/delay/chorus. about £70

Most amazing reverbs/delay I've heard is from a Boss RV500, expensive £300ish, but can make simple init saw wave sounds be lush pads etc

mudpeople122

Forum Member
Reaction score
I've got a Zoom MS50G, and if all you're going to use it for is the Microbrute it's pretty much the same as the MS70CDR, the difference being that the MS70CDR has stereo inputs. Since the Brute only outputs mono, and all the same effects are available (to download if not already on the pedal) with both the 50G and 70CDR, if you can't find the 70 the 50 will work fine. I use it on the mixer's send, myself. If you do plan on someday having hardware that outputs stereo, it is nice to have the option of the 70.

I've got several Electro Harmonix pedals, all of which sound nice. The Tone Tattoo in particular is nice for the Microbrute (if you keep the metal distortion off...).

Don't be afraid of cheap Chinese clone-pedals, I've got several Caline, Joyo, and other such brands, and they all sound fine. Do what they say on the box, cheap. You can find several different types of multi-effect, many of them analog. (For the Microbrute I'd say the best combo of effects would be an overdrive, chorus, and delay, with reverb and distortion also nice (and there's a few multi-pedals with all those).)

Biggins

Cake Or Death
Reaction score
+1 for chinese pedals. I picked up a Caline Fuzz pedal and couple of Eno pedals ("Trouble" (OCD Overdrive clone)) and "Myomorphia" (RAT Clone)) for 303 action. Not having used the actual pedals i can't compare but they make my 303 style synths go Pew Pew.

If you keep your eyes peeled, you can sometimes pick up a Behringer v-Verb for not much cash. Check out this KVR thread for more info