Room available in Bristol

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
Right.

We've got a room going in Bristol, near Bedminster (if that means anything to you non-Bristolians out there). It's a large 4-bedroom end-of-terrace house and the room is a large loft conversion with fitted furniture; very warm with lots of light. The house is centrally heated (brand new boiler) and double-glazed throughout, with a massive living-room, large kitchen and breakfast area, large bathroom with shower, and a paved garden. We're walking distance from both the town centre and open countryside/woodland, with public parks very close-by. The nearest supermarket (Aldi but don't knock it) is less than a minute's walk, as is the local pub (the Tobacco Factory for those that care).

We're a well-established musical household: I've been here since 2001 and me and the other 2 guys you'd be sharing with all have studios in our bedrooms; sometimes there is music being made very late into the night (particularly at weekends, what with our day-jobs and all), although we give (and expect) a good deal of respect to those with early starts. It's also fairly eclectic, musically - from psytrance to chillout to breaks to hip-hop to distorted guitar noises to God-knows-what-Scotty-makes-we'll-know-when-he's-finished-something. You'd be sharing with a music tech teacher (me), a care-worker (Staff) and a professional roadie-cum-tour-manager (Scot).

Rent is £240 plus £80 bills per month (this includes ALL bills - gas, electricity, phone, 2Mbit broadband, council tax, water, washing-machine hire and TV license).

Living here will give you certain advantages including occasional free entry into psytrance events; however it also has disadvantages including being forced to listen to early versions of OOOD and Voice of Cod tracks.

If this sounds good to you (and you don't get upset when reminded to do your washing up - better still if you DO your washing up - even better if you don't mind reminding me to do mine) then please PM me. This is a really cool house, the best and most sorted I've ever lived in. Come join us! (oh, and bring your decks).

Colin

PS. If you want an objective opinion then ask Morph, he lived here till the end of last year. Splitter. :Wink3:

(quote) distorted guitar noises to God-knows-what-Scotty-makes-we'll-know-when-he's-finished-something. You'd be sharing with a music tech teacher (me), a care-worker (Staff) and a professional roadie-cum-tour-manager (Scot).(quote) - bloody roadies :Wink3:
In all seriousness its a wicked house to live in - absolutely no stress with housemates and a right laugh - just for record i only moved out because i wanted to live back in easton near my local pubs - you shouldn't base your life round the pub, unfortunately thugh thats what i do :P
You forgot to mention Lou - the cat who is also lovely although can drible a bit, so she fits in just fine :P

I'll come down....to save me washing up...i could always buy a dishwasher :unsure: as a welcome prezzie :P

"Vyvyan?!?!?! Have you been using my roll-on deoderant??!?!!"

youngones_3.jpg

Right... the room is available again! The landlord has raised the rent for the first time in 4 years though, so it's now £320 all in. The rent component of this is £240 pcm so it's less than it looks.

:badger: Almost worth moving to Bristol for!! Someone is going to have a great place there I would imagine!!

:lol: :lol: :runsmile:

i wanted to move to bristol awhile back ....... like erm one year ago ....:hehe: bristol rocks man :Grin:

is the room still available?? i wanna get outta this dump!!!! seriously man?!! i could b up for this one!! gimme a pm if its still goin! nice one!

Hello Colin, Is the room still available? I'd be worth for me moving to bristol i reckon

the room is still available :Smile3: well it was last night as well - u can climb onto the roof from the window and smoke and look out over bristol...ahhh:Smile3:

morph said:
the room is still available :Smile3: well it was last night as well - u can climb onto the roof from the window and smoke and look out over bristol...ahhh:Smile3:
that sounds really awsome :Wink3: very jealous now ...even if it smells of salmon :Wink3:

Yeah, you can see the Clifton Suspension Bridge if you lean out of the window a little bit...

Back