Rubenstein's Revenge Help

Spider Sep 2, 2004

1. Spider

Spider Forum Member

Threads:
    I keep trying the Rubenstein's Revenge and some times it happens sometimes not. But, looking at a video on the net I'm not sure if its right!
    The way im doing it is like a sort of an extension of the mills mess, but kinda doing a false shower type thingi on opposite sides, if you know what i mean???
    Help needed, thankyouplease! :?

2. megafish

megafish Member

Threads:
    what really helped me was practicing the twisty bit with two balls, do it lots, on both sides and it should help; its not an easy pattern to get, if you imagine it as being "the next step" from the through the middle burkes barrage with the twisty wisty bit added on the end then you should have some success. The best way to get it is to go and find someone who can do it and stare at their pattern for a while. Whilst i was learning i did end up doing lots of 441 mills mess thingys, got really annoying after a while, but, once i got rubensteins i'd also got one of the 441 mills messes as a bonus prize.

Managed to get it going backwards whilst in portugal, now that looks like a propper head fuck.

hope that helps :juggle:

3. Spider

Spider Forum Member

Threads:
    Thanks - I'll give it a go, Haven't a clue what im doing then? :lol:

4. megafish

megafish Member

Threads:
    whatsmore, if its the next step from doing burkes barrage through the middle, then that means that theres also the next step from burkes barrage round the outside called romeos revenge, its currently giving me a bit of a headache :crazy:

5. Protomoto

Protomoto Member

Threads:
    Hey - I can juggle! Anybody wanna see me juggle? :Grin:

6. megafish

megafish Member

Threads:
    yeah, damn right i wanna see you juggle :juggle:

actually being able to do it in the first place is definatly much more impressive than being able to do lots of crazy twidley curley wurley tricks :Grin:

7. Protomoto

Protomoto Member

Threads:
    I agree, M-Fish :Smile3: Juggling is (just about) my job, it's certainly my main source of income. But to be able to perform and entertain is more important than technical ability, especially when performing for children. I get fed up with jugglers going on about their new variation on Mill's Mess where they twiddle this ball and expect other jugglers to be interested. To most nonjugglers, it makes no odds at all. It's easy to disappear up yer jacksie with technicalities while forgetting that, for example, hitting yourself on the head with a club is funny! When I do a show, the KISS maxim is at the front of my mind - Keep It Simple, Stupid! :Smile3:

That said, I do enjoy technical juggling, but I do it for my own entertainment.
    That
    said, I've been juggling over 20 years now and still haven't learned 5 balls.

Spider: First learn cross-arm tennis :Smile3: Both Burke's Barrage and RR are extensions of this basic move, neither of which I can do!

8. megafish

megafish Member

Threads:
    cross-arm tennis, are you f**king mad, yes obviously you are, that particular trick is insane.

My favourite thing about juggling is the fact that no-one else actually cares. Its a personal voyage of discovery i which you'll find out loads of really lush stuff about both yourself and you friends. Personally want to know just how far i can push myself. when i started juggling RR it was almost like a bench mark that i considered to be complicated. Now that i can juggle it i've reallised that it really doesn't matter, when getting juggling balls out infront of an audience i swear the're much more interested in all the silly faces that i pull; to me juggling is like playing the best computergame ever made, and it shows in my face. What impresses an audience is nice clean smooth throws, looking relaxed and confident, and perhaps having some form of theathrical interlude (cue unicycle/punch and judy/ eating apple/ contact [oooh contact])

Anyway, thats my big load of bollox, the euphoria of getting rubenstiens revenge to go round for the first time beat any drug i've taken so far, everytime i juggle it i can remember how good it felt; surely that must be something close to the meaning of life?

9. Protomoto

Protomoto Member

Threads:
    "cross-arm tennis, are you f**king mad, yes obviously you are, that particular trick is insane."

Yet RR and BB are extensions of it! And don't mention the Punch & Judy, I do that too.

I know just what you mean about getting RR for the first time :Smile3: You're quite right about silly faces, etc. That's what an audience loves, unless it's an audience consisting of other jugglers who want to see all the mad stuff and who know just how difficult it is!

10. Spider

Spider Forum Member

Threads:
    Thanks guys, Protomoto I'll have a look at this Cross Arm Tennis you speak of, Megafish I agree with you above rant - the a RR has always been a benchmark. Its just the fustration of not being able to do it, sitting there for hours not getting anywhere. The penny is still waiting to drop so to speak.
    Ill let you know when the whole thing clicks into place and I suddenly go aaahhhh! so thats how you you do the inside overhand inlay, with an invert chop into the internal claw spin :Wink3:

11. coleman

coleman Junior Members

Threads:
    spider, if you get bored trying to learn rubenstein's, you could go for romeo's instead...

like megafish says, its a similar trick feel wise but has one of the best tutorials around: http://insanejuggler.tripod.com/id11.html

happy juggling everyone :peace: :juggle:

12. Spider

Spider Forum Member

Threads:
    Nice one-thats how all juggling tutorials should be set up :juggle:

13. megafish

megafish Member

Threads:
    :wow: at last a video of the fucker :Smile3:

14. coleman

coleman Junior Members

Threads:
    by the bloke that invented it no less :Smile3:

hope it helps - i found it easier to learn with clubs for some reason...

15. megafish

megafish Member

Threads:
    oh right, that explains alot, i'm no where near getting any patterns like that with clubs in the immediate future. That website is wicked though, thanks dude.

Please sir mr coleman, do tell, do you attend any juggling workshops in the londoney area?

16. coleman

coleman Junior Members

Threads:
    i'm usually at the spitalfields market workshop although having said that, i don't think i'll be down there for about a month now...

details here: http://www.londonjuggling.org

pm me if you're gonna be in town :Smile3:

17. Spider

Spider Forum Member

Threads:
    Okay, ive got the orbit and the reverse orbit down for both the Rubins and the Romeos, but can i sh*t get the 3rd ball to do what i want it to do :crazy: :sob: .

PS any one going to Alien Resonance this saturday night?
    :partysmi:

18. megafish

megafish Member

Threads:
    so have you got it yet?

19. Spider

Spider Forum Member

Threads:
    No.....Still cant introduce the 3rd ball, once the penny drops all will be good.

20. megafish

megafish Member

Threads:
    well i'm chuffed, i got that romeos revenge millarchy last night, and the triazzle this micheal karas charactor is a bit of a juggling genious. I want my own revenge trick

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice