. : s y n t h . q u e s t i o n ? : .

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
right, geeky synth question for you good synth programmers out there...

is there any (common) way of making a mono synth patch where the mod envelope only triggers once whilst playing a number of notes? ie you run 3 or 4 notes together without re-triggering the mod envelope?

i'm using the mod envelope to control the pitch and i don't want to re-trigger it whilst i play a few notes...

reckon it can probably be done with automation but i'm wondering if there's an easier way?

Abstraction

happy juice
Reaction score
probly depends on the synth. look in the options for the mod envelope in question, if it has 'keysync' turn it off, or if it has 'triggering' and it is set to 'voice' set it to something else.
ive only ever seen these options on LFOs rather than envelopes so sorry if thats all bollocks or doesnt work :Grin:
another idea would be to set it to autoglide but make the glide really short so it doesnt sound like its gliding, cos im pretty sure the envelopes dont reset on any synth in autoglide mode.

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
cheers double helix, found exactly what i wanted - in the envelope menu on my ks5 theres an option for mod monotrigger and setting that to single means the mod envelop doesnt retrigger...

now i can have my riff fly in from ridiculous pitch before settling down for as many notes as i run together :Grin: