Seize the day

UVFi

Forum Member
Reaction score
my new favourite band me thinks... check out United States, one of the most moving songs you'll hear all year... they have a free online jukebox which is quite exciting...

enjoy

www.seizetheday.org

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
UVFi - very glad you've discovered STD. A great bunch of people. Proper activists too.

Theo is just one of the best song-writers around.

Also feature an old mate of mine, David, on strings.

United States makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Absolutely bang on the nail.

Fushion Julz

Sound Bod
Reaction score
discovered this lot a few years ago (98?) at Glastonbury...I have both their first 2 albums and can vouch for all said above...Superb entertainmnet

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
woah sounds really good! i'm loving "neighborhood #1 (tunnels)" by Arcade Fire at the moment, such a beautiful tune!!! reconnecting to being a runaway teenager, check it out...

monster

one step beyond
Reaction score
I totaly love Seize the Day! United states made me cry when I first heard it. They are amazing live but I have missed seeing them this year as all my festival going is over for the season, gutted.

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
They don't do ever-so many gigs unfortunately.

I made damn sure I caught 'em at Glastonbury.

New song I really liked: the Guantanamo Shuffle. My nipper really enjoyed dancing to that.

CosmoNaughty

KANYINI
Reaction score
Yeah one of the best frontline folk acts about, they do sing with real conviction about subjects, the must have album by them is "It's your life....it's our world", it has all the real classics on it "I will never rest (Until all oppression has ended)", Bigger, Better, Brighter (brand of bullshit now), "Motorway song" and the brown rice N lentils protest campfire classic "Child of the universe".

Another good fetival folky band around at the moment are 3 Daft Monkeys

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Theo also penned "No-one's Slave".

Bit of a classic song - adopted by another favourite festy folk band of mine...

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Just been over to their site again.

Basically, you can listen to almost *any* song on their albums for nowt! On the Jukebox.

How cool is that?

UVFi

Forum Member
Reaction score
there juke box is FABULOUS.. really proves they are trying to get a point accross and doing a damn good job of it - me current favourite is 'barstard mastercard' atm... makes me laurf and laurf it does - me and bubbles are ordering cds very soon -

monster i missed you at bgg - i fought you were definately coming but we couldnt find ya there!!!

had a boogie for ya anyway x xx