Software Serato, Rekordbox or Traktor?

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Reaction score
are they the nexus cdjs and are you using ethernet or usb? im just trying to work out which software to use as a library with my xdj 1000s(digi only and mostly the same as the nexus inside) as controllers and its not clear if usb or ethernet works best/easiest with this series of decks and it seemed logical on the surface to use recordbox

has anyone else got experience on using other software to load tracks to pioneer decks? (vinyl guy with no experience of digi outside usb sticks)

i considered asking in a new thread but didnt want to clutter the forum and it seemed like most relevant info might come to light in here,hope thats ok
I am using the Nexus cdj's with ethernet connected to a small network hub along with the mixer. Using the last released version of rekordbox 5 at the moment without performance mode. Just have to click on the link button and that's pretty much it. Might upgrade to 6 at some point....but I am OK for now. Good luck in finding what works for you :Smile3:

basshead

Forum Member
Reaction score
I am using the Nexus cdj's with ethernet connected to a small network hub along with the mixer. Using the last released version of rekordbox 5 at the moment without performance mode. Just have to click on the link button and that's pretty much it. Might upgrade to 6 at some point....but I am OK for now. Good luck in finding what works for you :Smile3:
thanks for the reply much appreciated ,i think i will order a network switch and download the latest free rekordbox and see if i can get it all up and running with ethernet, pioneer didnt do a great job with the tech info for the xdj1000 ,it is a great deck though

Prophecy99

Forum Member
Reaction score
i have been using Serato with DDJ SX2 for a while, and its been nothing but smooth. and i feel no need to upgrade anytime soon.
serato flip is dope for making edits on songs.