Software Serato, Rekordbox or Traktor?

I am using the Nexus cdj's with ethernet connected to a small network hub along with the mixer. Using the last released version of rekordbox 5 at the moment without performance mode. Just have to click on the link button and that's pretty much it. Might upgrade to 6 at some point....but I am OK for now. Good luck in finding what works for you :Smile3:

thanks for the reply much appreciated ,i think i will order a network switch and download the latest free rekordbox and see if i can get it all up and running with ethernet, pioneer didnt do a great job with the tech info for the xdj1000 ,it is a great deck though

i have been using Serato with DDJ SX2 for a while, and its been nothing but smooth. and i feel no need to upgrade anytime soon.
serato flip is dope for making edits on songs.

Looks like I'm going to take the plunge, leave the Pioneer ecosystem for the first time since 1999, and get me a Traktor S4 Mk.3.

Laptop is on order, my man on the inside at an online music gear shop can get me the S4 for £590.

The deal is done. Now we wait.

Thanks for all the helpful advice both here and in the Shoutbox, much appreciated.

It better not be shit. :Good2:

good stuff bez i look forward to seeing how it goes for you

Bit late in the day but I've been using Traktor and one of their smol Traktor soundcards that plugs into the inputs of the DJ mixer. Means i only need to carry a laptop and a small sound card and a couple of cables. No controller.

It does mean that you don't get easy access to all the fancy stuff that Traktor can do butI'm OK with that.

Back