Software Serato, Rekordbox or Traktor?

The iPad thing was for a gig, you know, outside. In what is laughingly known now as the real world

traktor, ipad, gig, the outdoors, reality. Its all a tissue of whoopers Neil.

i suggest grabbing a hanky and pulling yourself together.

maybe you are in a coma?

I guess the drawback of an iPad for the serious dj is lack of storage. It’s ok if you’re doing one Dj slot every 17 years and you pretty know already what you’re going to spin.

I guess the drawback of an iPad for the serious dj is lack of storage. It’s ok if you’re doing one Dj slot every 17 years and you pretty know already what you’re going to spin.

ive never even tried to use an apple product let alone know anything about its specs. What sort of storage space does that ipad have?

I'll be taking delivery of a new work laptop next week, which might push me towards a decision of some kind. Love the jaunty Lord Summerisle avatar Jim.

At home I use 2 pioneer decks networked with a pioneer mixer all linked to computer running rekordbox. I can play tracks on the cdjs straight from rekordbox without having to load USB sticks

are they the nexus cdjs and are you using ethernet or usb? im just trying to work out which software to use as a library with my xdj 1000s(digi only and mostly the same as the nexus inside) as controllers and its not clear if usb or ethernet works best/easiest with this series of decks and it seemed logical on the surface to use recordbox

has anyone else got experience on using other software to load tracks to pioneer decks? (vinyl guy with no experience of digi outside usb sticks)

i considered asking in a new thread but didnt want to clutter the forum and it seemed like most relevant info might come to light in here,hope thats ok

loads of youtube tutorials on rekordbox. I have never used it myself, but if i have a traktor issue YT is normally my first port of call

are they the nexus cdjs and are you using ethernet or usb? im just trying to work out which software to use as a library with my xdj 1000s(digi only and mostly the same as the nexus inside) as controllers and its not clear if usb or ethernet works best/easiest with this series of decks and it seemed logical on the surface to use recordbox

has anyone else got experience on using other software to load tracks to pioneer decks? (vinyl guy with no experience of digi outside usb sticks)

i considered asking in a new thread but didnt want to clutter the forum and it seemed like most relevant info might come to light in here,hope thats ok
I am using the Nexus cdj's with ethernet connected to a small network hub along with the mixer. Using the last released version of rekordbox 5 at the moment without performance mode. Just have to click on the link button and that's pretty much it. Might upgrade to 6 at some point....but I am OK for now. Good luck in finding what works for you :Smile3:

Back