Shift - Byte Me (Crystal Matrix)

xylia

joumaskuldmyhondkleingeld
Reaction score
has anyone heard it?

i likes most of his tracks released on comps and alot of twisted system's stuff (the dealers was pretty ace but tbh the first track on core kinda killed it for me!). there are a few good uns on his first album but i wasn't that impressed with excession.... kinda tempted by this one though as ive heard some possitive murmerings.... any feedback would be appreciated.... mr deathposture?? :Smile3:

xxx

Will Dogon

MATERIA-listic
Reaction score
Got this a few days ago, but only managed 1 listen so far....must say on first listen, i was far from impressed.....kept finding the tracks kept doing things with key changes that totally put me off.....maybe i need to give it more of a chance.

fractalated

nihilist
Reaction score
first track is kicking (the breaks mix of dubmention) played it out at the weekend and it rocked :Grin: not particularly bothered bout the rest of it though

Will Dogon

MATERIA-listic
Reaction score
Yeah - had a few more listens and i still think it's pap unfortunatley....real shame 'cos Shift hav had some pretty good releases and i was at least expecting a couple of 'useable' tunes on there.....

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
Will Dogon said:
Yeah - had a few more listens and i still think it's pap

:irofl: great comment Will

Torsion Jim

The universal scrambling of the cosmic egg
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
yeah.......wots happened to shift?? pitch hikers wos awesome.......hes lost his banging ways i say........i remember the days of midnite killer(?) parts 1+2.......stop milking that dead acid cow shifty my son.take a look at RAM,scorb, NRS if u want some guidelines!!!

lokus

isratrance-spy
Reaction score
i was a real shift fan some years ago and his first album is really fantastic...
but since the release date of his second one he began to "overdo" his tracks
and for me it was only cheap music.
the second twisted system album is laughable imo. just heavy redneck headbanging music
he has great releases on some compils and his production skill is awesome.
when i got his latest album i didnt expect too much but i was surprised.
well its not the typical "shift killarg" sound and i think thats what i like about it.
some tunes are moring stuff but nevertheless its phat and more hard music...

my fav on it is tracks 2 :Grin:
burp
:Smile3:

ps:
did i mention that "va - further ambivalent tendencies" is out now?
:Wink3:

fugly

Bush Doofer.
Reaction score
I agree with all of the above.

The only track on this album I would consider playing is track 5.

I usually dig whatever Shift and Twisted System have to offer, but these tracks seem a little bland and boring.

He's used the same synth as he always does, and I don't really have a problem with that because it's what he does, but what is with all of the CHEESE?