Should we have a couple of "Sticky" threads for FAQ's in Media Prod?

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
Just potentially throwing a bone to the mods - we seem to get a lot of the same questions asked round here - the top three to my mind being variations on:

- "Which softsynths do you recommend?"

- "How do you write a Psy-trance bassline/get a good bass sound?" (which was my first question on here back in Jan 2003! :eek: )

- "What speakers/monitors/soundcard do you recommend?"

Given that these come up quite a lot, and inevitably leads to manic forum dives each time, would it be an idea to put some sticky threads up with a compendium of the answers to these questions?

Feel free to point and laugh if you think it's a dumb idea...

J.

Done some for you now Mr JPsych, please PM me links for more. :Wink3:

It's coming on nicely but I think it would be much better if they were all collected in one place - otherwise the first page of the section will contain nothing but sticky threads! You want to do it Arv, seeing as you're on the case?

I'll let you do it Colin, as you seem more clued up on this kind of stuff. Done the obvious ones, so please feel free to carry on...

Made a sticky FAQ so I'll unstick the old ones... Joe, please PM me with any candidates for inclusion.

i tried to get a resources thread going but to no avail - if it develops any further perhaps it would be useful to stick it in the FAQ list thread as well?

good call J !! i must have referred that list of sample sites about 5 times!!

Back