Shpongle box set.

floatyhippyflower

Free spirit, lost soul.
Forum Fun-raiser
Reaction score
Just received email from Twisted re. forthcoming monthly newsletter and some new releases. Specifically, there's talk of a 3 album Shpongle box set, which will also feature an extra disc of unreleased stuff plus goodies.

Now. I must say I am delighted, nay dribbling, at the thought of some new Shpongle along with the various other extras BUT;

1) it's going to be a limited edition - which is fine in itself HOWEVER
2) is likely to cost an arm and a leg given that it's going to feature most of their music to date
3) will be released before Christmas when I/presumably others will have absolutely no spare cash

So, here's the thing. Can't help feeling a little *eek* at the thought of possibly missing out on this and reckon (provisionally of course, without knowing more) they should consider releasing the extras separately for the sake of those who have already have the albums individually. I really don't want to complain - big fan of Twisted, SiPo et al, and Shpongle are pretty much my favourite act ever bar one. But still. Feel small pit in my belly. Why do I have to buy all three albums again just to get hold of the extras? Am I just being a miserly misery guts or does anyone else think I have a point?

The hard-boiled cynic in me might say that Twisted are cashing in by making fans buy the albums again, sweetened by a bonus cd of offcuts, remixes and tracks that didn't make the cut for the albums.
If I was cynical I might say that. Good job I'm not though :Smile3:

Continuum said:
The hard-boiled cynic in me might say that Twisted are cashing in by making fans buy the albums again, sweetened by a bonus cd of offcuts, remixes and tracks that didn't make the cut for the albums.
If I was cynical I might say that. Good job I'm not though :Smile3:

While realizing the fact that this box set is a 'collectors item', and probably quite expensive, it is a common marketing ploy to raise (in Twisted's case) much needed revenue. Cynicism plays no part really imo. It's fair to say that not all Shpongle fans will buy, but again the support of the label is key, especially as much money was lost due to distribution issues. Common money spinners from labels like Twisted should not be seen as cynical, this should be reserved for major corporate labels who release Now 40 ! and the like.

floatyhippyflower said:
Why do I have to buy all three albums again just to get hold of the extras?
Unless someone is sticking a gun against your tummy, threatening to shoot you, I guess you don't really have to buy anything.

Am I just being a miserly misery guts...
Yes.

Hehehe. Of course I don't mean it. I just felt like posting for the sake of it. Getting a bit lonely and miserable here.

Bye bye.

I have all 3 albums, but yet I'm still looking forward to it?!?!?! WTF....

I know exactly what you mean, vinyl, cds, got em all, but still can't wait. :Smile3:

/saddo

Warwick Bassmonkey said:
Unless someone is sticking a gun against your tummy, threatening to shoot you, I guess you don't really have to buy anything.
Pedant.

Warwick Bassmonkey said:
Yes.

Hehehe. Of course I don't mean it. I just felt like posting for the sake of it. Getting a bit lonely and miserable here.

Bye bye.
Well stop hanging about here then and go make us some more Umberloid. :irazz:

Back