Silly Cubase/Battery Questions...

Marc Sep 1, 2004

1. Marc

Marc Scratchadelica

Threads:
    Hey sorry if these are really daft questions but Im still learning the ropes of cubase and the world of random VST's ...

Battery has a feature which lets u modulate certain parameters using various midi inputs. In battery Ive mapped pitchwheel to pitch and then in my midi track I vary the pitchweel value. This doesnt seem to have any effect :Sad: If I map say 'random unipolar' to pitch I get pitch variation so Im guessing theres some issue whereby the pitchwheel on my midi track isnt what battery thinks the pitchwheel is or something ?

Also is it only possible to modulate the things in that menu ? I also wanted to be able to control the 'rev' reverse function on my midi track but couldnt see how to do it [in the end I copied the samples I wanted to reverse to diff pads and kept them reversed but this is a bit of a pants soln.]

Any help on these or just a pointer in the right direction would be great !

[Excuse my novice crapness but Ive trawled the web for battery docs and havent found anything hugely in-depth] :Sad:

peace,
    marc

2. soliptic

soliptic whirling mathematician

Threads:
    hmm

well i use battery + nuendo 1 which is vaguely similar to sx1, u dont say if u you're on cubase vst / sx / sx2 but this might be better input than nothing so........

the way i do controllers with midi inputs is:

battery -> setup -> configure certain MIDI CC#s to Controllers A-F
    battery -> bottom left corner - set up mod routings, with A-F modulating whatever
    nuendo -> record/edit/sequence CC data (in the midi editor, where the velocities are by default)

depending on what versions of things you're running, u can probably also automate things with the normal sequencer automation ("blue lines" automation). the process is as normal: write-arm automation, play, wiggle the knobs/click the buttons, stop, take [w]rite off and put [r]ead on...... the only catch is that there isnt an obvious way to put write mode on because where's the automation track for a vsti . answer: project -> add track -> plugin automation.

like i said...... anything from "a bit" to "almost all" of this could be totally different for you, depending on which cubase you're in

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice