Similar Artist to Muhara

Amygdalalama

Forum Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this artist is known or what but he is freakin' amazing. i found this artist in my forest folder and i always thought he was a great artist and i should share him but i was also wondering if there are any artists similar to Muhara. it is very rare to find some one like him. i remember i went on an all night quest once to find something close but the sun had risen and i was still empty handed:Sad:

The sad part is that Muhara has only 1 album with 3 tracks in it only!!! but its a great album to start a set or something what i like about him is that he gets you going i will include all the album tracks in this thread

tell me what you think of the artists and do suggest others if anything comes to mind.

The album is called Personal Perception by Muhara

Amygdalalama

Forum Member
Reaction score

Do not forget to check out the playlist by clicking the upper far left playlist button. It an amazing album to start your day off..

Amygdalalama

Forum Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this artist is known or what but he is freakin' amazing. i found this artist in my forest folder and i always thought he was a great artist and i should share him but i was also wondering if there are any artists similar to Muhara. it is very rare to find some one like him. i remember i went on an all night quest once to find something close but the sun had risen and i was still empty handed:Sad:

The sad part is that Muhara has only 1 album with 3 tracks in it only!!! but its a great album to start a set or something what i like about him is that he gets you going i will include all the album tracks in this thread

tell me what you think of the artists and do suggest others if anything comes to mind.

The album is called Personal Perception by Muhara
yes i am replying to my own post but thats because ive never felt so deceived by an artist as much as today! what an aweful way to start my day lol.

So i was looking around to see if there is anything new that came out for this artist. last i checked was 2014 when this album came out apparently the artist switched or i am going say degraded to trip hop! i cannot start to fathom why he did that. He has an amazing talent like no other or very rare and he tossed that all away with his new album that came out on 2015! i felt like throwing up in the morning because of this guy....
here is the link to his music on bandcamp(which i think has no place on this website but it is for you to decide..)

* MF went from that to this...--> https://muhara.bandcamp.com/

bez23

Adverse camber
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Good for him, following the vibe that he's into.

Dude, you seem very passionate about the scene and forest in particular. Maybe it's time to start learning how to make the sound you'd like to hear? There's endless resource in the Music Production sexton of this forum. Get stuck in, innit :Good:

Amygdalalama

Forum Member
Reaction score
Good for him, following the vibe that he's into.

Dude, you seem very passionate about the scene and forest in particular. Maybe it's time to start learning how to make the sound you'd like to hear? There's endless resource in the Music Production sexton of this forum. Get stuck in, innit :Good:
i am extremely passionate about it more than you can imagine. if one would ask me what my deepest desire is my answer would be to produce forest music and be at the level of farebi jalebi, Atriohm ect.. but my biggest weakness is that i do not know how learn stuff by on own. thats why i turned out to be an untalented person i guess.
before trying on my own i asked for personal help from my dj friends many of whom perform at raves but no one would give me a little of their time to teach me the basics(that was many years back), recently i even offered one of my dj friends money for each session i do with him (mixing and what not) but still to no avail was his time free..
Theres a guilt eating me inside out because i still havent learnt how to mix on my own. but since ive moved to San Francisco i made it my late new year resolution of 2019 to learn how to mix and finally get at it. this is why i signed up for this forum. the first place i ever sign up to (not including facebook). this forum is my first stepping stone to become what ive always wanted.
but the biggest mystery is where the hell do i start. i once had traktor software but that was too complicated to start from scratch. i need a guide where i can follow starting from 0. thats mainly why i havent started on my own too.. i cannot seem to find one simple software with a guide that doesnt confuse the shits outa me. but at the same time i dont want anything like virtual dj...

Torsion Jim

don't just do something, stand there
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
how do you learn to mix on your own?

practice.

There are tonnes of tutorials on youtube, so now is the best time to learn.

I learnt how to use traktor in 2016 using youtube tutorials only. Although i have been mixing since the 90s, which helped

Last edited:

Torsion Jim

don't just do something, stand there
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
and record your efforts. Listen back to them on a decent loud amp/speakers. Identify the bits that dont sound so good and try to correct them. Remember the bits that do work and how you did them.

What i quickly realised when i started is that what sounds good to you whilst you are doing it doesnt necessarily mean that it sounds good on the master system. Conversely, if you felt that it sounded shit whilst you were doing it, it doesnt necassarily mean it sounds shit on the master system.

This is why recording your mixes helps.

Thesedays, with sync buttons and what-not, its far easier to get good quicker cos you dont actually have to learn to beatmatch, which was one of the trickier things pre-sync buttons.

Last edited:

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
You want to mix from laptop using a controller or from CD? In either case, learn your tunes. Practice mixing 2 tunes of the same tempo together, as Jim said, record your attempts. Get trusted friends to listen and practice, practice, practice. I had to learn by myself through trial and error. Good luck :Smile3: