Hardware Simple MIDI controller with 8 (non-infinite) rotary knobs?

Swen Jul 15, 2017

1. Swen

Swen Forum Member

Threads:
    I'm looking for a simple MIDI controller to use with Ableton. Ideally it would have like 8 non-infinite rotary knobs for making frequency/pitch sweeps and stuff. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. PiHKAL

PiHKAL Forum Member

Threads:
    i found akais good for the money there cheap and worked really smooth as controller for all my plugins i think its depending on what uv got to spend i know rolands are very good :Smile3: .. i got my self the arturia minilab2 but was very let down with it < major latency issues when using it as a controller with other vsts >

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. Sephira

Sephira MerKaBa Technologist

Threads:
    LPD 8 all the way (c:

4. Swen

Swen Forum Member

Threads:
    Akai LPD 8 looks really good! Could do without the drum pads tbh, but it's a good price nonetheless. Thanks!

5. Swen

Swen Forum Member

Threads:
    Just a follow up for anyone else interested. Just got my LPD 8 and it works really well with Ableton. Definately happy with my purchase! Thanks again PiHkal and Sephira for the suggestions :Smile3:

6. nab

nab Forum Member

Threads:
    if you're planning on gigging with it i would keep a spare one in the house. i have had two die on me now. one died the day before a festival but luckily i had bought a backup

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice