Sirius Isness Breaking The Matrix

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
New Sirius Isness CD in a few months....

sirius_cover300.jpg

Mind Control Promo Blurb....

Mind Control Records is proud to announce the upcoming album of Sirius Isness , called « Breaking the Matrix » , and expected february 2005…this is the second album of this now well known band, who in the last two years had built themself a strong reputation of full-on producers, playing all around with a huge success due to the quality of their music, and to the fact that their new production is cristal clear !!!!
This second album is exactly the kind of music that Mind Control was seeking for.... Full-on, psychedelic, melodic... The kind of music that works in parties .
But who are Sirius Isness ???
Max and Davina are a french couple, one of the only ones who produce trance music. They lived for few years in San Francisco where Max were part of “Biodegradable†(older project composed by CPU , Mekanikka, and Max from Sirius Isness...) then, from the time they decided to make music together, their reputation was always growing and growing, and if some of you had already believed that Davina is not making that much in the studio, we can tell here that you are completly wrong ! She is one of the rare female producers, and one of the most active on stage (all sexes included !!), and that’s also why Sirius Isness had became last year one of the most respected live act ...
You can listen some samples of this album here , while browsing in our website... and we will update those samples very soon.. but we were thinking it was about time to let you ear one of the first album of this year 2005 !!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!! and BREAK THE MATRIX !!!!!!!

And Mind Controllers Part 2 coming soon...

MIND CONTROLLERS Part 2
We are ready to let you discover a bit of what will be on the next compilation , “Mind Controllers Part 2", featuring some new artists who joined us to make a killer dance floor compilation !!!

SHAGMA
This new french band is composed by two guys, Jean and Laurent, and we were amazed by the quality of their work. They will for sure be the new revelation of the french scene this year ! Check their first release with us here, a massive dancefloor track, exactly in the spirit of what we are looking for !
Remember this name : SHAGMA !!!
Track : Crapulax - Download sample

ENTERPRISE
This new russian project we discovered on the first compilation delivers us one more beautiful morning blasting track ! We are now proud to announce that they are working on their first album, a concept one, which for sure will change completly your vision of the russian style !
Check this new bomb they made for us !
Track : NLO - Download sample

SIRIUS ISNESS
After the track they wrote for us for Mind Controllers Part 1, we couldn't let Sirius Isness go away !!! They are know producing a unique sound, combining a clear production and a very 'dance floor' energy !!! This Retro Life System they made for us is certainly their best track so far !
Track : Life Retro System - Download sample

CPU
Well known to be one the headliners of the “Hard Psychedelic Trance†scene, CPU is now based in Barcelona, and beyond the fact that he reached a high level in the clarity of his production , Mister Sammy enjoyed to change a bit his style for us by making a more “morning†track...but this track is still the hard one of our compilation, and hard trance fans won't be disapointed here....
Track : No name yet... - Download sample

POLARIMASCA
Keeping the idea of collaborations between french artists, Talamasca and Polaris made here a full-on track, 146 bpm, with the expected Talamasca's monster bassline of mixed with the Polaris' beautiful atmospheres, all together under a groovy but strong rythmic. Why to change something that works ? Another dance floor killer !
Track : Fantastic Plausibility - Download sample

Samples available at:http://www.mindcontrolrecords.com

:blink:

Bloody hell, no let up from the mind controllers crew. Plenty to look forward to in 2005...

:speaker:

:jump:

:clubjump:

heay jason fancy getting SI down to a T of F? (hint hint)
:bananada:

well its worth a try!

Going by their recent releases on comps I'm much lookin forward to hearing a new album from the SI pair :Smile3: . (Last album didnt do much for me though :sad: )

CAnt wait for this meself.jus my cuppa T.........very Psychedelic

Right here's my 2nd review. This time it's Sirius Isness - Breaking the Matrix
I'm expecting something special from this pair as their debut was stunning.

1. Breaking the Matrix - Steady pulse and bassline. Plenty of swoosh and atmosphere to take with the "4 red capsules". Nice workable drop mid-way with a guitar brought in and letting rip with a multi-staged buildup. Standout track of the album.

2. I Want Freedom - Smushed up sample played with amongst similar full-on beat to previous track. Gains more uniqueness towards the end bringing in more layers and sequences. Not a great track.

3. Oxygenation - Much better bassline here with twongs and twangs mixed with samples. Nice background synth. Much more moodier feel. Intensity gets turned up mid-way. Nice melodic section with "chemical imbalance" towards end. Definitely a track that grows on you throughout.

4. Radar Detection - Good start, then kicks into a slowed rhythm that introduces a more digi-tribal element. Slowed rhythm again brings in more trance. End just vanishes.

5. Legion of Angels - Remix of track of their previous album. Would love to know what film the sample is off. Not too impressive, a more souped up full -on version.

6. Sirius Conspiracy - A phalanged beginning blending into a full-on beat. First half has nothing real standout and the drop doesn't bring in anything new except further build-ups.

7. The Psydream - Full-on beat continues. Samples and tribal drums at beginning. Tune stutters and swishes to an intense disappointing conclusion.

8. MK Ultra - Nice intro with promising female voice, this aspires to feature as a strobe vocal. This tune keeps having signs that it has potential but never fully delivers.

9. Retro Life System - A much more promising intro, gentle and climbing. Far more trancey than the rest of the album. A strong track to finish with. More satisfying bassline accompaniment sounds that flex in and out. Far more noticeable content.

A disappointing follow-up to Resolutuion of Duality. A more intense full-on trip to a darker side. It lacks the vocals and samples that made me love Sirius's debut. Breaking the Matrix just doesn't have enough going on, the tracks just roll out in a similar fashion focusing too much on buildups. Not too my liking although this may make Sirius Isness open to those that like this style. I want to give it a 5.5/10 but feel that's too harsh so a 6 will do as it is listenable if in the mood.

Heard samples only so can't really comment but apart from the first tune all the rest were just skipping by...

First track; yeap highly kickin!

Good Review Again XSpeel!

Exactly what I was thinking m8, Turbo Tribal Psychedelic.
But missing a certain uniqueness and quality in the melody that Resolution of Duality had.
A more ruffer tuffer screaming full on version.
Generally there was at least one patch or noise that seemed to let the rest of the track down.

Yeah im actually feelin gutted (shouldn't have got my expectations so high)
just dont seem to be any real character to this for me , sounds like they are tryin to hard or sumink

I reallly like it, was feeling a bit non-plussed by the first 2 tracks but after that it sounds like a cool update of old Astral Projection stuff, especially Radar Detection which sounds like a total homage to Searching for UFO's.

Different to the last album for sure but by no means the shitter that this thread would have you believe.

I'm looking forward to it dropping on my doorstep to be honest........the people who have given negative reviews in this thread seem to be people who generally enjoyed the 1st album whereas I wasnt that keen on it, so it tends to make me believe that this new offering is gonna be more up my street. We shall see as soon as Chaos get their arse in gear and sort out my back order.

Monkey Do said:
I reckon people were just hoping for more tracks with some bird humming over the top and are pissed that they didn't get them

wahaha, yeah you are probably right :Wink3:

I'm not as impressed with this album cause it doesn't sound as grown up, and the melodies on this are more obvious\basic than the first album which has some really wicked lines on. It sounds like a step back rather than forward.

But I must admit Breaking The Matrix is a step back into a more dance floor orientated sound, it is very psychedelic and squelchy!

Even though I prefer Resolution Of Duality, to listen to I don't find it very good to put in a DJ set, But some of the tracks on Breaking The Matrix are much more suited to a full on set, Sirius Conspiracy, Radar Detection and Retro Life System, are rocking it for me!

They have spoit some of the tracks with a generic screachy Nord Lead noise, that just seems so obvious and err like a cheap trick ala GMS!!

Jon Kenobi said:
I'm looking forward to it dropping on my doorstep to be honest........the people who have given negative reviews in this thread seem to be people who generally enjoyed the 1st album whereas I wasnt that keen on it, so it tends to make me believe that this new offering is gonna be more up my street. We shall see as soon as Chaos get their arse in gear and sort out my back order.

i'm with you there, the 1st album sent me to sleep, and i've really enjoyed their recent compiliation tracks on 3d vision and mind control, these tunes seem to have much more in the trouser department, if you see what i mean :Wink3:

I fall into line with the whole 'first album bad, second album good' opinion - 1st album did nothing for me whereas this one is a proper belter, some really nicely thought out tracks on there IMO, more pleasing to my own, very subjective ear and no doubt better for the dancefloor...shall find out soon enough :Smile3:

Whilst my review wasn't favourable to my own ear. I do agree that this album is most definitely a dancefloor belter. Further listening see it growing on me.

Back