So Apple now have an official method for booting OSX & Windows

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Bootcamp!

Now I think the interesting thing here is:

If you're a developer, why bother writing for OS-X when you know that writing for Windows effectively kills two birds with one stone? You only have to support one OS.

Apple really should just offer their OS-X to anyone who wants it IMO!

It's going to continue to be interesting to watch the developments here...

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Reaction score
Interesting to see how the more rabid mac-evangelists are going to integrate this into their worldview.

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
The prevailing thought is (been scouring the interweb this lunch) that it will make it more likely that current PC users will plump for a Mac because they can continue to use legacy applications.

The flaw in that argument is (IMO): what if an equivalent app for OS-X never appears? Would you *ever* be able to ditch Windows? And why would a Mac version appear if it's already working on that hardware without having to write an OS-X version?

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Reaction score
theres a link on the bbc somewhere, cant be bother to look at the mo.

Untill it happened apple where oficially saying that it couldn't be done....

But there was an internet reward of 8000 for the first programmer to do it,

Windows has been run a variety of macintosh as a dual-boot, and hilarious that this is but nearlly all reports says that it runs a fuck load faster!!!!!

that should give the apple/pc argument another problem! :Smile3:

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
And it's so obvious that bootcamp has been in development for several months...

Hehehe.

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I very much like the idea of competing systems, but unfortunately I think it's quite possible that Apple have blown it.

I hope not!

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
What interests me more is booting OSX on a PC, because then all sorts of Logic based fun could be had. It would push both developers to produce better software, drive prices down, and give Apple a better chance of survival now the hardware platform is the same.

I think that providing an alternative OS to Windows could be a big winner among the PC community. And no, I don't want to use Linux!

They've already reversed one decision, lets hope for the next.