So the BBC is in trouble over these 'ere cartoons now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how seriously these people take it!!! Since I come from SA and lived there all my life, you see that we have learned from our mistakes and have moved on. I just wanna shout in there faces: "GROW UP!! Take some f'ing humour!!"

Lordy, some poeples children!!

Did you do your reading *before* you came to this conclusion Pete?

"I will stand up for anyones right to say that Islam is an anachronistic, backward superstition which uses its own doctrine to justify the severe oppression of its own people. This is fact. "

along with similar on the UKIP forum?

I will stand up for anyones right to say anything they like. Unlike you who will censor and stifle debate.

Do I stand by that statement? Yes.

I did not censor anything Pete - *we*, the Cabbage crew asked you to take it elsewhere and suggested other forums where the discussion could continue.

If I was to censor or stifle debate I would have removed your postings from the Cabbage forum and banned you.

I didn't ask you if you stood by your statement, I asked if you had read up on your subject before you came to that conclusion. From our previous run-in, it became clear to me that you knew very little about the subject, but were still prepared to spout right-wing rhetoric from your position as UKIP candidate for a Bradford ward (with stated BNP sympathies).

We're not on the Cabbage forum now, I'm not moderator, so as long as the people who run this forum don't mind the political discussion - I guess you're pretty-much free to say what you like here.

He's free to say anything so long as the forum rules are not breached. And if he's a BNP sympathiser, my condolences to humanity

Purusha said:
I did not censor anything Pete - *we*, the Cabbage crew asked you to take it elsewhere and suggested other forums where the discussion could continue.

If I was to censor or stifle debate I would have removed your postings from the Cabbage forum and banned you.

I didn't ask you if you stood by your statement, I asked if you had read up on your subject before you came to that conclusion. From our previous run-in, it became clear to me that you knew very little about the subject, but were still prepared to spout right-wing rhetoric from your position as UKIP candidate for a Bradford ward (with stated BNP sympathies).

We're not on the Cabbage forum now, I'm not moderator, so as long as the people who run this forum don't mind the political discussion - I guess you're pretty-much free to say what you like here.

Fair enough. My apologies.

I beg to differ on the point that I know little about the subject. I can qualify that statement and could have done at the time had you allowed it.

What I take issue with is you labelling me a fascist without even bothering to test my opinion with questions. You leapt to conclusions and seem hell bent on smearing my name without challenging me directly.

It's easy to shreik and gasp and point the finger. Real debate takes a little more. Give it a try. I'll admit my methods for starting one are questionable but they do seem to work.

Full Lotus said:
He's free to say anything so long as the forum rules are not breached. And if he's a BNP sympathiser, my condolences to humanity

sympathiser NOT supporter.

If you take the policies issue by issue, some points they make are very real indeed.

The way in which they pursue their policies is wrong in my view.

If anyone wants to see my reasoning, please refer to:

http://www.cabbage-leeds.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=950

I think there's been plenty of *testing* your views on there.

I don't believe I've smeared your name anywhere - merely quoted some of *your own words*.

Let's bear in mind that (as I've said) you are a political candidate and as such your words and opinions are up for scutiny IMO.

AcidTrash said:
sympathiser NOT supporter.

If you take the policies issue by issue, some points they make are very real indeed.

The way in which they pursue their policies is wrong in my view.

So do you believe in repatriation and that the races should not mingle??? Because deep down that's what the BNP still stand for. You can dress facists up in suits and nice clothes, but they are still facists underneath.

Purusha said:
If anyone wants to see my reasoning, please refer to:

http://www.cabbage-leeds.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=950

I think there's been plenty of *testing* your views on there.

I don't believe I've smeared your name anywhere - merely quoted some of *your own words*.

Let's bear in mind that (as I've said) you are a political candidate and as such your words and opinions are up for scutiny IMO.

I hadn't even started to explain myself there Chris. I wouldn't make such assertions if I didn't have realistic arguments to back them up. And yes, it is entirely up for debate.

Full Lotus said:
So do you believe in repatriation and that the races should not mingle??? Because deep down that's what the BNP still stand for. You can dress facists up in suits and nice clothes, but they are still facists underneath.

No I do not beleive in that. I beleive in integration, however the way we are governerned, we do not have any such thing. We have competetive multiculturalism which does more to propogate racial hate than any BNP/Jihadist slogans.

P.S. That Nouminous album is pretty good.

But I believe you *did* say on our forum that if muslims wouldn't / couldn't integrate, your solution would be to stop them coming in. You didn't cover what you'd do with the ones already here, the ones (especially the youth) that are causing all kinds of problems in Bradford apparently. Of course, the white kids on the white dominated estates are all little angels aren't they?

I also believe you said that it was not possible for two such radically different cultures (i.e. Muslims vs. the rest of the community) to live side-by-side. If that's the case, what is the solution?

Oh dear, UKIP, what a load of bankers. You spend ages trying to raise the profile of the trance scene in the north of the country getting more people to travel from all around because of the accepting, warm, inclusive atmosphere and it only takes one of these political throwbacks to raise their ugly head and suddenly it feels like we're back to square one again. Thanks a lot Peter North, why don't you drag your self back under a rock again.

Purusha said:

Without posting up any of my reasoning. Quoting out of context is essentially smearing me.

As a British Asian, I find the views of the BNP and Islamic fundamentalists equally abhorrent. I have had to put up with racism from Muslims and white racists, but instead of blaming multiculturalism you should be blaiming the lack of education and lack of investment in deprived areas by this and previous governments. Do you like Indian food? Chinese food? Italian maybe? How about Thai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back