Sorry Monkey Mackdaddy and Jamez23..but new tune

psyfi

Pie Fly
Forum Fun-raiser
Reaction score
Honestly I didn't mean to miss your shows on Psystream but I had fallen in to a creative whirlpool n stuff...innit.
But I came up with a new tune. Oh jolly good.
Please have a listen people and let me know if I wasted my time or not.
Any handy hints. tips or criticisms welcome. They really help out as indeed they did with the last tune. :ibiggrin:
The tune is called "Power of T" and its on my music page.

http://www.psyfi.co.uk/music.htm

hey i was wondering where you was at!! well at least it was for a good cause...

*listening on headphones*

spooky intro......phunky bassline......and were off!!!.....

....chesticles....top bollocks....the tits!! maybe a little more HPass on the hats to rmove that rough mettalic middle..altho i am on headphones atm so..

loving the halloween vibe :gr1n: (well thats what i get from it anyways)

well worth a couple of nights away from psystream imo

Cheers Mak. I'm going to give it a few days before going back in to this one to let my ears forget what it sound like and then start tweaking it up. Cheers for the pionter about the hats.
Anybody else got any comments before I jump back in?

Totally wicked tune dude! Particularly like the riff that comes in around 3:10.. then the similar one near the end - sounds like the same thing but with some extra fx which give it a really nice sheen (kind of an old skool ravey synth patch :Smile3: ). Also like the bassline a lot. Not sure about the Delay Lama type thing at the start - I like the initial section where there are just a few stabs on it (very cool when you add reverb to occasional stabs of it too). But don't reckon you should move to a full blown synthline using this sound... or if you do you should mangle it a lot more so it isn't so recognisable. (This formant sound is way overused in trance!). Could try sticking it through a sampledivider then something like Waves Enigma to spice it up?

Thanks for listening Ichabod. That is "Yes you've guessed" the daley lama. I usually make vocal sounds will other synths and bit crushers but thought I would stick the lama in one of my tunes. I've got it going through a modulation delay already but I'll see how much more I can mangle it with out it sounding too silly and still comprehendible.

Thanks for the advice.:ibiggrin:

Right O I've stuck a new version up. I've tried to sort out the hats and messed around with the lama a bit.
Sounds a bit rude that!:irazz:

Sounding pretty good to me! I love the funky bass line, and there's lots of different sounds going on to keep things interesting. I'm not sure I'm fully qualified to comment on production yet, so I'll sum it up in one word... funky!

V. Nice :Smile3: Really love this tune!

The bit at around 1:50 - what sample/synth have you used for the wet sound fx in the background? Sounds really good. Also... just after that there is the break with the sound of a gun being loaded - I reckon that would sound better witht a lot less reverb (maybe none). That would make it way more snappy and would leave a short period of complete quietness before the drop for maximum effect :Smile3:

Thank you Ichabod.
I'm trying to think what wet bit your talking about. There is a plucking type lead which is the hydra synth. there are some drums that I am running through the ESX24 sampler which it pitch bending them to an LFO with a little but of short stereo delay after that. The most water type sound is at the very start and in the break down in the middle which is the PSP84VST delay messing around with one on the leads.
I've played around with that gun shot sample and to be honest you can tell that its not that great a sample when there is not reverb on it. If I had a higher but rate sample of it you surgestion may well work out better but as it stands I'll have to keep it this way for now. Thanks again for having a listen. Cheers:icool:
Oh BTW do you think the changes I made to the Delay lama worked out. I've put a two step delay on it and that kind of makes it sound staggering and a bit more psychedelic to me.

Psyfi

Yeah -the delay Lama definately sounds better. Reckon it could be mangled a bit more though - just to make it sound a bit different from Delay Lamas used in other tunes... How about putting it through something like KT Granulator to really monkey with it... you can get some amazing stuttering and timestretch type effects out of it which I reckon would sound wicked with the Delay Lama. It takes a bit of messing around to get it right but its a seriously cool effect once you get into it :Smile3: Another thing I'd try if it was my track is to remove a few of the delay lama notes and replace them with very short snips of real vocal sample with fx.. maybe but a vocal through KT Granualtor first then snip out the coolest little bits to sprinkle over the delay lama line. Anyway, just random ideas really - don't know how they'd sound in reality... experimentation is 9/10 of the fun :Smile3: The only reason I'm banging on about the Delay Lama so much is that the rest of the tune is very fresh and inventive - the lama is the only weak point in a completely wicked - and very proffesional sounding tune!

Dose this mean I should get my mic out again? Oh dear.
Good ideas there again Ichabod. I'll experemnt away once I've finished the new tune I'm working on now. It chokka block will fomant stuff this time, I might be trying to get it out of my system. I might try the DFX buffer overrider as well as the KT Granulator and see how monkeyed a sound can be.

Thanks again Ichabod.

psyfi said:
Dose this mean I should get my mic out again? Oh dear....QUOTE]

LOL *imagines* "EEEE-OO-UUU-AAA push pineapple shake a tree EEE-UU-AAAAAA"

:irofl:

makdaddy said:
psyfi said:
Dose this mean I should get my mic out again? Oh dear....QUOTE]

LOL *imagines* "EEEE-OO-UUU-AAA push pineapple shake a tree EEE-UU-AAAAAA"

:irofl:
Yeaah maaann kiiillllaarrrrrr. Check my lyrics there're tight.

Great tune!!

i like the lama, reminds me of older psychedelic days, if used right, always sounds funky :Smile3:

nice variations, enough to keep ya interested, great production, always moving forward

*double thumbs up*

keep em coming!!

Thanks Mr faster. Lama is a great synth and I have always been couscous to use it in the past for the exactly same reasons Ichabod pointed out earlier. But recently I just thought F it Throw coition to the wind and its in this track and the one I'm working on at the moment. Oooooo life on the edge.

I think Lama will have to fall in to the category of what can we do with it now? And then try to find out.

Anyway thanks again for listening Mr faster.

Back