Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme Audio card

lurk

Stunning Cunt
Reaction score
anyone know anything about these?

i'm getting one included in my new computer package and, despite having read several reviews (which all concentrate on gaming), i am none the wiser as to whether it's a good card to record mixes and make tunes on :Smile3:

Purusha said:
If you're not interested in getting quality audio signals into your machine via ADCs, and are prepared to entirely mix in the box, you might get quite a long way.

i'm not 100% sure what you mean by that; if you are asking if i'm prepared to use the pc/software to actually mix on, then no, i'm not :Smile3:

Monkey Do said:
It'll be alright for recording mixes, dunno about making tunes but Creative cards are traditionally a bit lame for that

cool, recording mixes is the top priority. i'm gonna see how it goes with the ol' tune construction (i've never tried before), cos i've never shown any musical ability. ever. if i find i am good at it, i can always invest in something better.

lurk said:
i'm not 100% sure what you mean by that; if you are asking if i'm prepared to use the pc/software to actually mix on, then no, i'm not :Smile3:

Ah, sorry - you mean recording DJ mixes.

Yeah - it'll be fine.

Only drawback to those things is that they usually work natively at 48khz and convert to 44.1khz. Not that you'd necessarily notice that. Maybe newer cards run faster than 48khz natively these days? HD audio and all that?

But Monkey Do, off on that other tack. Asio4all has been a boon for anyone stuck working with sound cards such as Creative etc. So long as you're doing all the production in the box, you can get a long way.

why creative dont write some fookin Asio drivers for their products?....twats!

Lurk, what he meant was - if your doing all your tune writing within the PC you will be fine.

i know of albums of the darkest trance that were written on sb16 clones with no asio!

ah, yeah, to start with at least everything will be done on the pc... i might get wild and crazy and splash and ask father christmas to bring me a midi controller :Wink3:

continuum... it is my firm belief that all the best producers know how to play at least one "real" instrument :Smile3:

thanks for all your help, guys :Smile3:

lurk said:
continuum... it is my firm belief that all the best producers know how to play at least one "real" instrument :Smile3:

So that covers like three of them.

The other five million just go

"duggaduggaduggaduggadugga"

:ilol:

I used to play bass until my flatmates took it away and hid it

i ama natural master when playing with my organ and an absolute swizz on the 1 string banjo :Wink3:

.sorry:sad:

Back