south african sound. you like?

moni

mo moni mo problems
Reaction score
since most people on this forum are UK people, i'm curious to see.

does UK like the south african psytrance?

Shift
Slug
RAM
Scorb
Artifakt
Twisted System

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
Its not my favorite type of trance but it has been quite popular here for some time. I'm sure you will find alot of people really like it.

ps. RAM & Scorb are English :Wink3:

:Smile3:

moni

mo moni mo problems
Reaction score
they have been "labeled" as south african sound though ... i'm not reffering to the location, but more like to the style ..

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
moni said:
they have been "labeled" as south african sound though ... i'm not reffering to the location, but more like to the style ..

ah - I see. Well even though I stated it was not my favorite type of trance I really do like Scorb & RAM.

:icool:

ozdave

Phased and misused.
Reaction score
Can we not include Protoculture and the Nano label in here? Refractions is a great album, certainly the last 3 tracks are awesome.

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
I like the SA morning sound - esp the Nano acts - not that keen on the "nightime" labels- but thats just my (girly) taste in music!

:Smile3:

Dragongurl

zooming blue
Reaction score
ARTIFAKT!!!
SHIFT!!!
HYDROPHONIC!!!

:Grin:

*me is from sa btw* :Wink3:

grokit23

God mintsmak
Reaction score
I like a fair bit of the stuff that the Artifakt has had a hand in with, which let's face it is rather a lot of the SA stuff. I also quite like the Nano label, but I have to shy away from Protoculture nowadays as I've gotten fed up of hearing the same old thing since the first album with an added sprinkle of cheddar.

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the SA night sound, but then I would :ibiggrin: I like some of the morning stuff as well

Ozric

Hoofaloof
Reaction score
grokit23 said:
I like a fair bit of the stuff that the Artifakt has had a hand in with, which let's face it is rather a lot of the SA stuff. I also quite like the Nano label, but I have to shy away from Protoculture nowadays as I've gotten fed up of hearing the same old thing since the first album with an added sprinkle of cheddar.
yeap I agree! nano started up exciting but too soon got stranded in a too similar sound

in fact after the rather excellent Clarity comp I never did bother much with their compilations; sadly I don't feel I am missing out much

but Protoculture & Hydrophonic are cool on what they are doing

as for artifact I haven't properly listened yet, sorry moni:iwink:, will do so soon!

BeatNik

DJohn Mustard Project
Reaction score
I love the South African style... amazing to dance to and luscious to listen to!

:ismile:

moni

mo moni mo problems
Reaction score
Ozric said:
as for artifact I haven't properly listened yet, sorry moni:iwink:, will do so soon!
it's ok, i can't believe i haven't found time to listen to some of the cds from you either. i keep promosing myself though. soon.

i am sorry i forgot to mention Protoculture. how could i :Grin:

moni

mo moni mo problems
Reaction score
NilsTentacles said:
me not heard. can someone explain this type of trance?
you can check out some samples (Nexus Media and Timecode would be good examples of labels for this).

Shift - Excession
VA - Midnight Storm
VA - Global Alliance
VA - Source: Twilight Psy
VA - Broken
Artifakt - Artifakt II

mad psytrance, full power, dark, twisted, to be danced on during night, when you're all warmed up and ready to go wild on the dance floor and to sweat. it can be repetitive or/and melodic, depends.

and if you care, i wrote a review on VA - Midnight Storm, you can find it in the Reviews section.

crisps

Senior Member (discounted rates)
Reaction score
global alliance is a wicked compilation
gave that a good listen to only last week :Grin: