spacial awarenes

teavibration

in a tree
Reaction score
hey
i've run out of disk space on my mac and i dont have enough cash to get another hard drive Im running os X and cubase SX does anybody know of any way i can get more space. if there are any audio converters that will let me compress my audio with out loss of quality and let me still be able to read them in cubase?
if any one has any other ideas how to help it would be welcome muchly

love and peace

teavibration

in a tree
Reaction score
ok thanks il give it a go, is there any where i can get the said drivers from just in case there comes a point when i have a second drive and i need the drivers again?

teavibration

in a tree
Reaction score
well i doesnt have a printerr, but i was on about the language drivers and the dvd player, probly wont need them, when i get rid of i dvd it doesnt get rid of the dvd drivers and coded does it?

jackrabbit

pulse width fay
Reaction score
Hi matt_earth

Its not the perfect answer compared to an externat drive, but this is what I use to shrink my song data to be able to arckive on disk www.stuffit.com/mac/deluxe/index.html
It can shrink most stuff down and unstuff when needed again, I think there might be cheeper packages too but not sure.

teavibration

in a tree
Reaction score
wel i managed to free about a gig and a half, but my drive is only 9.5GB any way... shocking.
the language program didnt work do u kno where i can find the language drivers manualy?

mr_faster

ecomingonecomingonstrong
Reaction score
my mac got really full and broke to the point osx crashed when loading and black lines would go across the screen, cost £150 and 3 weeks to get it fixed.
id recommend buying a hard drive for that money rather than weeing it down the drain getting it fixed.

:Smile3:

teavibration

in a tree
Reaction score
thanks alot for the suggestions.
how big a hard drive do people ususal work with?
cus 9.5 gigs has done me for nearly a year but then iv only just started to render the stuff im working on into audio.

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
Cubase can't read Monkey's audio, although I think you can talk Winamp into playing it. If you've only just started rendering stuff to audio though be aware that the amount of space you'll use will likely increase with each project, as you get more comfortable and confident with that way of working. 9GB would be enough for about two projects in my studio (and that's without taking the OS and software into account!), and recently I backed up my first project that wouldn't fit on one DVD.

teavibration

in a tree
Reaction score
but where im starting my songs in reason its only when i come to chopping it up and re sequencing it in cubase that i realise i need the space, iv got quite a few projects but like i say its only when i start to do any thing with them i realise im fudged