Stolen Aerotech Staff

coleman Nov 24, 2004

1. coleman

coleman Junior Members

Threads:
    I and lots of lots of my juggling/spinning friends were at Synergy last weekend - and what a party it was! :Grin:

We brought along with us lots of Aerotech glow toys that are not exactly the cheapest things you could think to bring to a club but make for pretty viewing and lots of fun.

In the early hours of the morning my friend's glostaff ran out of power so he popped outside and put it in his car for safekeeping.
    On leaving the club, he found his window had been smashed and the staff stolen.
    Nothing else was stolen even though there were other valuable items in the car - only the staff was taken which leads us to believe it was someone that knows a) what it is for and b) how much it is worth.

We would really appreciate if everyone could look out for this piece of equipment for us at parties over the next few months - my friend is a pert-time performer and now is out of work until he can find the money to replace it.

It is not hard to spot as it is about 1.5 metres long and it glows red and green - there are very few of these toys around in these particular colours so if you see someone with one, please talk to them, find out who they are and send me a pm letting me know when you return from the party.

We know the serial number so it can be identified quickly and easily if found and we have contacted Aerotech to ensure we know exactly how many other staffs of this configuration they have made and sold.

Any help at all would be massively appreciated (a Community Action Trust reward could be yours for information leading to its safe return :Wink3: ).

Thanks people,

Cole. x

2. gingerwarrior

gingerwarrior Member

Threads:
    thats realy harsh man people have always been realy good with my globalls at parties. but i think im goning to be a bit more carefull now. hope you get you staff back. there aren't that many places where the theif can take it to show off though. not at parties anyway. ill keep an eye out it. how do we get hold of you though if we do see it? it'll be too late to come back here to post it

3. coleman

coleman Junior Members

Threads:
    thank-you :Smile3:

if you see someone with a staff like it, i would just ask that you talk to them.
    ask them where they got it and how long they've been spinning and generally friendly things that you would at a party anyway.
    people with a toy like this are generally quite proud of them and will very likely tell you far more than you wanted to know about their 'baby'.

the key question will be "how do you recharge it?" - the serial number is located on one end, just inside the recharging socket.

anyone who is happy to keep an eye out for it at parties like the lovely ginger warrior here, let me know and i'll pm you my phone number and the approximate serial number of the staff.

if you see it, a text to me with the location would be a godsend.

we've lost countless thousands of pounds of this type of equipment in the past :rolleyes: (stoners!)
    but this is the first time any of us have actually experienced what seems to be a deliberate theft, which is why we think it may well turn up at a party somewhere...

cole. x

4. hugoblin

hugoblin From Parts Unknown

Threads:
    Dude, that is harsh, very sorry indeedy for the owner ,

i quite literally sent mine back to the factory today to get fixed up(after two years), but will keep my eyes peeled when i head to london this weekend. if its at a party my moth like flashy tractor beam magnet will guide me, it usually does.

and u should pm me ur number anyway, coz i have lost it on me travels

hope to see u guys soon!

5. Stix

Stix Guest

I'll keep an eye out mate..

What a terrible thing :sad:

6. Neko

Neko Meer Kat

Threads:
    The Hill is alive with the sound of music
    Bloody hell - that sucks Cole :Sad: I'll keep my eyes peeled

7. UCOF

UCOF Dangling my balls....

Threads:
    Did Ogre ever get his stick back?

:Sad:

8. coleman

coleman Junior Members

Threads:
    not that i know of :Sad:

thank-you to everyone who read this thread and looked out for the stick.

cole. x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice